• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Clemson fan staying in Tampa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

Hi all. I signed up right around the time the Coach Scott to USF rumors started up. From what I've seen, you guys have an awesome fan base and it will be fun to watch Coach Scott hopefully get your guys competing for an AAC Championship. I'll be staying in Tampa for business this weekend around the airport. What's some good bars to hit up in the area? We stayed in the same area last year and hit up Cigar City (we love some Jai Alai). Any other good spots to hit up around the area? Thanks in advance and Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Go hang out on Nebraska Ave. Things will definitely be interesting 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  442

1 hour ago, Tigs said:

Hi all. I signed up right around the time the Coach Scott to USF rumors started up. From what I've seen, you guys have an awesome fan base and it will be fun to watch Coach Scott hopefully get your guys competing for an AAC Championship. I'll be staying in Tampa for business this weekend around the airport. What's some good bars to hit up in the area? We stayed in the same area last year and hit up Cigar City (we love some Jai Alai). Any other good spots to hit up around the area? Thanks in advance and Go Bulls!

Go to Clearwater Beach , eat at Frenchys .

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294

1 hour ago, Roaming Bull said:

Go hang out on Nebraska Ave. Things will definitely be interesting 

Dude, are you trying to get the man killed!!! 
He’s an honorary USF fan now, let’s protect him.

Definitely DO NOT do what Roaming said.

Around the airport go to Cigar City or World of Beer. 

However, the locals go to South Howard Avenue (SoHo) or Hyde Park for the bar/restaurant  scene. 

There are a few cool food halls that aren’t too far from the airport: Armature Works and Hall on Franklin.

You also must try the Cuban food at Archo Iris, best in Tampa (though the Columbia gets more hype).

Lastly, if you have time, Downtown St Pete is really fun and super walkable, and is also home to some cool bars (Green Bench and Intermezzo) and good restaurants.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, NovaBull said:

Dude, are you trying to get the man killed!!! 
He’s an honorary USF fan now, let’s protect him.

Definitely DO NOT do what Roaming said.

Around the airport go to Cigar City or World of Beer. 

However, the locals go to South Howard Avenue (SoHo) or Hyde Park for the bar/restaurant  scene. 

There are a few cool food halls that aren’t too far from the airport: Armature Works and Hall on Franklin.

You also must try the Cuban food at Archo Iris, best in Tampa (though the Columbia gets more hype).

Lastly, if you have time, Downtown St Pete is really fun and super walkable, and is also home to some cool bars (Green Bench and Intermezzo) and good restaurants.

It’s not like I told him to go walk around Nebraska at night while wearing fancy jewelry and big fat watch. Plus I thought that comment would help by drawing folks into to conversation to stop him from heading over there. 

I would highly recommend going to the Mellow Mushroom, La Teresita, and Holy Hog.

Is the Acropolis still decent? What about Mr. Dundernak’s?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

7 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

It’s not like I told him to go walk around Nebraska at night while wearing fancy jewelry and big fat watch. Plus I thought that comment would help by drawing folks into to conversation to stop him from heading over there. 

I would highly recommend going to the Mellow Mushroom, La Teresita, and Holy Hog.

Is the Acropolis still decent? What about Mr. Dundernak’s?

Dunderbak's is too far away.  Mellow Mushroom is a chain and just meh IMO.  La Teresita is amazing.  Holy Hog is great.  Wrights Gourmet Deli is terrific.  Berns if you want to drop some coin.  There are a lot of good bars and restaurants in the International Plaza, which is near the airport.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

There are also a lot of good bars/restaurants at international plaza which is right next to the airport. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Penthouse serves a mean Ribeye and nudity comes free

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

Six-Ten is a cool little micro brewery on Benjamin Rd just north of the airport. It's next to, arguably the best taco shop in Tampa, Loli's. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

Mons Venus is a must and would be criminal to leave town without frequenting this gentleman’s club.