• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

After two weeks off and we get this!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I think what is most dissappointing is that the Bulls had two weeks to get prepared and after the game CJL says the team wasn't prepared to play.  I'm baffled how that can be?  The O-line didn't show up, the receivers played soft, QB play has been consistent-that is consistently poor the past two games, there is a trend developing with the offense that has to change.  Get prepared for Steve D-the Big Dog to put it on the Bulls this week b/c they deserve it!  I don't think CJL will make any changes with the coaching staff in mid-season, however, here has to be a "come to Jesus meeting" this off season to correct this growing trend and possibly bring in a new O-Cord, a new QB-Coach,  and a new O-line Coach.  This is the second time Pitt has shoved it down the Bulls throat with big boy football and the Bulls rolled over.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

It's the same trend that I've been seeing in the games against Penn St., Miami, and now Pitt. We can't turn the ball over and expect to stay close in games. In the Pitt game, 3 turnovers accounted for 21 easy points by Pitt. Two of the turnovers were just stupid mistakes, i.e. Ponton fumbling after a great run and Denson throwing it right into the hands of a Pitt corner to give them the ball in the redzone. After a PJ run, he was gang tackled by 4 Pitt defenders and one of their helmets forced the ball out of PJ's possession; that one I give credit to Pitt's D.

However, the point is that we can't play with the Big Dogs if we aren't going to play like Big Dogs. I'm tired of just hanging in there, we have to win these games and not shoot ourselves in the foot!

OK, im off my soap box

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

we rolled over on our back like a beta male

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

hahaha comical smazz post, i love it. I'm with you too smazz, I generally agree with everything you have to say.

Great, a smazza jr.

I agree Bullwark.  I can't believe Smith didn't use the two weeks to come up with a better offensive scheme than that.  It also seemed like he thought he could duplicate the UL gameplan.  Hall was running very well behind the left side of the line and then he gave up on that.  That was a pitiful gameplan for two weeks of preparation.  

I don't think CJL will make any changes with the coaching staff in mid-season, however, here has to be a "come to Jesus meeting" this off season to correct this growing trend and possibly bring in a new O-Cord,

Didn't we say this last year?  

a new QB-Coach

Maybe he just needs better talent to work with.  Or we need to go to a power running game like someone else suggested.  We don't always have to be a spread offense if we don't have the right personnel.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  330

The coaches have no confidence in their play calling, or players. example; 6 yard line, gimmick play that loses 12 yards!!??  that tells the players you have no confidence in them to smash the ball in the endzone! the next play the QB, confidence now shaken, losses it and gets sacked for another 10 yards or so.. from that play on the team seemed as if it were playing on ice. No confidence, and that leads to mistakes, fearful ones at that.

The Coaches have to realize this, they have to, it's what they're paid for, hopefully it will be corrected before it gets out of hand.

I truly hope they pull it together for a good showing when they play WVU, and come out with a win.

GOOOO BULLS!!

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

BOB-it is great to have you aboard.we need new blood here.people are way to complacent thinking leavitt is the greatest coach since al stagg

bmania-we have been saying this for 2 years.the same crap.