• Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
Sign in to follow this  
BrassBulls12

Baseball is back, opening series info and discussion: USF Vs Marist

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Yeah, better.  You didn't like the hire because you wanted them to go out and do a deeper search, lazy hire is fair.  I'd guess that Kingston lobbied for him big time and so Harlan gave him his shot.

And looking at his resume his shot probably should have been somewhere other than a D1 university. At the very least in a conference smaller than AAC. Not that the AAC is dominant by any means, but he still wasn’t a great fit for the program. 

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

You’re right about one thing, it’s gonna be a long season. No bats in that lineup.

4-2 through 7.  Got into the bullpen and immediately started hitting

Just now, OcalaBull2 said:

And looking at his resume his shot probably should have been somewhere other than a D1 university. At the very least in a conference smaller than AAC. Not that the AAC is dominant by any means, but he still wasn’t a great fit for the program. 

I agree with that, but right place and right time.   He may end up being a great HC (or not).  Realistically, the verdict is out still.   Patience may pay off.  

3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

4-2 through 7.  Got into the bullpen and immediately started hitting

No. They had 2 singles in the inning.

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

I agree with that, but right place and right time.   He may end up being a great HC (or not).  Realistically, the verdict is out still.   Patience may pay off.  

Absolutely. But his recruiting needs to start paying some dividends soon. This year needs to be at least average to score him another season.

I'd also like to point out we have 2 true Freshmen and 2 Sophomores in that starting lineup.   A true freshman is going on the mound tomorrow night.   This team is young

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

Absolutely. But his recruiting needs to start paying some dividends soon. This year needs to be at least average to score him another season.

Yeah and I'm not sure that's his strong suit.   I also think we'll have a hard time winning consistently without going after big bats.  I love pitching and defense as much as the next guy but they use metal bats in college ball still

3 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

No. They had 2 singles in the inning.

That doubles their hit total and it cut the deficit in half 

Looks like Kerkering, another freshman, struck out the side in the 8th but one guy reached on a wild pitch.  Ended up walking a guy before getting a flyout

8 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I'd also like to point out we have 2 true Freshmen and 2 Sophomores in that starting lineup.   A true freshman is going on the mound tomorrow night.   This team is young

I appreciate your blind optimism, but it’s not warranted. This program is not going anywhere. Prepare yourself for the inevitable. There is no talent in that lineup.

2 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I appreciate your blind optimism, but it’s not warranted. This program is not going anywhere. Prepare yourself for the inevitable. There is no talent in that lineup.

It's not really blind optimism.  Just observations