Jump to content
  • Join Today

    Join today and reduce ads presented

  • Members do not see this ad, Register today
Sign in to follow this  
BrassBulls12

Baseball is back, opening series info and discussion: USF Vs Marist

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Year 1 Strong won 10 games. 

Mohl was here and part of the rebuild of the program.  Strong was not.  Bad comparison.

You still didn't answer my question about why you never liked Mohl?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My son just reminded me that Marist was in our Region up at Gainesville back in 2017.  They lost to the gators and then BCC I believe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got a rocket at their SS he blocks it with his chest and throat the guy out. Next guy hits one down the third base line and he back hands it and throws him out. That is what defense should look like. We're out of here after this inning. Got to be back down here for tomorrow's mbb game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Mohl was here and part of the rebuild of the program.  Strong was not.  Bad comparison.

You still didn't answer my question about why you never liked Mohl?

I don’t like Mohl because his recruiting classes have been mediocre at BEST, he hasn’t shown that he can build an offense and defense combined, he’s being outplayed and recruited by multiple Florida programs, and he’s not given fans any kind of hope for the future. 
 

OH, and he lived off the success of the past head coach, regardless of being part of the staff. I’m well aware he was a pitching coach. Which is funny because he should be doing even better now but ok. 

Edited by OcalaBull2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I don’t like Mohl because his recruiting classes have been mediocre at BEST, he hasn’t shown that he can build an offense and defense combined, he’s being outplayed and recruited by multiple Florida programs, and he’s not given fans any kind of hope for the future. 
 

OH, and he lived off the success of the past head coach, regardless of being part of the staff. I’m well aware he was a pitching coach. Which is funny because he should be doing even better now but ok. 

You said NEVER like him .... none of those reasons explain that.  In his first year, he went to the Regionals and pitching was pretty strong.  You couldn't have possibly known whether he would build off that or not but ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

You said NEVER like him .... none of those reasons explain that.  In his first year, he went to the Regionals and pitching was pretty strong.  You couldn't have possibly known whether he would build off that or not but ok

Lol, ok, let me rephrase it then. I have no problem with him personally but I didn’t like the hire from the get go. It was a lazy hire and now we’re paying for it. Better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I'd like to see out pitching staff be a strength since our head coach is a pitching guy. I can live with our offense being sub-par if we're going to the pitching defense route, but I'm not a fan of us "hoping" our pitching staff works out and knowing our offense is going to be mediocre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Lol, ok, let me rephrase it then. I have no problem with him personally but I didn’t like the hire from the get go. It was a lazy hire and now we’re paying for it. Better?

Yeah, better.  You didn't like the hire because you wanted them to go out and do a deeper search, lazy hire is fair.  I'd guess that Kingston lobbied for him big time and so Harlan gave him his shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Why's that?   And this is only year 3.  Year 1 he went to the NCAA Regionals

This may be true, but man it's game 1 of a long season

You’re right about one thing, it’s gonna be a long season. No bats in that lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I guess I'd like to see out pitching staff be a strength since our head coach is a pitching guy. I can live with our offense being sub-par if we're going to the pitching defense route, but I'm not a fan of us "hoping" our pitching staff works out and knowing our offense is going to be mediocre.

Agree.   In his defense we graduated our top 3 guys in 2018 and there were several injuries last year (although I don't think they would have completely made up for the losses to graduation.

KIngston was a hitting guy.   I talked to a player just after he took over for Prado and the guy said that Kingston told them right off the bat that if they couldn't hit, they couldn't play there.  I don't think Mohl has the same philosophy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Members do not see this ad, Register today


×
×
  • Create New...