• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lightning

Guest Jonesy Bull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

Really makes you appreciate how HD enhanced watching hockey on the tube ....

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

For any so inclined, Fox Sports Sun showing the 4 wins in the 2004 SC Finals baxk to back starting tomorrow, Saturday, at 11:30 AM ... Watched the first already and while I remembered the Vinny/Iginla fight, I had forgotten how really physical that series was ......

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 5/15/2020 at 3:26 PM, Triple B said:

For any so inclined, Fox Sports Sun showing the 4 wins in the 2004 SC Finals baxk to back starting tomorrow, Saturday, at 11:30 AM ... Watched the first already and while I remembered the Vinny/Iginla fight, I had forgotten how really physical that series was ......

Watched parts of Game 7 last night, brought back a lot of good memories.  Can you believe its been 16 years ago?

Seems like MLB is going to salvage their season, and I know there is talk of the NBA trying to get their playoffs in.  Haven't heard much about the NHL, do you think there is any chance they can get the playoffs in later this Summer?  Seems kind of a long shot unfortunately.  

This **** virus!  Haven't been on for awhile.  Hope everybody is healthy and doing well.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Days Won:  5

24 teams is too many

Guest Jonesy Bull
13 hours ago, bcgruber said:

24 teams is too many

24 is alot, but the way they have it set up, is the top 4 teams would get Byes in each conference.  So its really 16 teams fighting it out as a "play in" round to get to 16 before the "real" round of playoffs begin.

I think they decided since they couldn't finish the regular season, that there were too many close races at the bottom of the playoff line to make it to fair to not let those teams have a chance to win their way into the playoffs.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

14 hours ago, bcgruber said:

24 teams is too many

They can add Russian, Czech, and Swedish teams for all I care. Hockey is great to watch and we've been sportsless for 2 1/2 months. 

• Topic Count:  257
  • Content Count:  2,403
  • Days Won:  5

we need something to start soon its been too long

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jonesy Bull
On 6/1/2020 at 10:37 PM, bcgruber said:

we need something to start soon its been too long

So true, I'm having sports withdrawals so bad, I think i"m going into convulsions.   Anybody have an anti anxiety drip they can give me, or at least a Xanax?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jonesy Bull

I was so excited when the NHL announced an actual concrete plan for the playoffs this Summer.

In light of recent Covid events, it feels like a 50/50 chance it happens. I think it has a shot if they keep the teams in a 2 city bubble.  

Any thoughts?