• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why don't we play a freshman

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

To those who say "there isnt anyone better" : how do you know?

To those who say "he's just a freshman" : Julmiste plays LIKE a freshman.........in high school.

To those who say "if we start Hill, we're morgaging the future" : How do you know that you're not accelerating the future?

To those who say "IF julmiste does this and that, we have a chance" : we KNOW he's not going to. we KNOW he looks to run 1st. If youre going to have a run 1st QB, why not have someone who was a pure "athlete"(runs a 4.4) in high school do the SAME thing?

To those who blame play calling : I agree.

To those who blame Leavitt : I agree. He needs to make a gutsy decision. Cant get any worse.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

To those who say "he's just a freshman" : Julmiste plays LIKE a freshman.........in high school.

To those who say "if we start Hill, we're morgaging the future" : How do you know that you're not accelerating the future?

To those who say "IF julmiste does this and that, we have a chance" : we KNOW he's not going to. we KNOW he looks to run 1st. If youre going to have a run 1st QB, why not have someone who was a pure "athlete"(runs a 4.4) in high school do the SAME thing?

To those who blame Leavitt : I agree. He needs to make a gutsy decision. Cant get any worse.

oh my god, EXACTLY.  i especially agree with your comment about the fact that we wouldnt be mortgaging our future.. why the hell would anyone think that?  if anything, we'd be utilizing his year by getting him experience at the position that he'd be eventually playing...

Redshirting is if you have QUALITY DEPTH at your position.. we DO NOT have quality at the QB position, therefore, you gotta throw out whatever will work.. so far, julmiste and denson do not work-- we should try hill and/or grothe..

look what happened with chris leak and brady quinn.. both started as true frosh, and look at how far they've developed.. well, both are in completely new systems, but it is obvious that they are great quarterbacks and are only juniors.. they both had solid sophomore campaigns as well-- who's to say that carlton hill or matt grothe cant be the same way?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  125

+7,339,392

As far as I'm concerned, we have yet to determine that PJ is the best option we have.  To sit back and watch this reject throw (literally) our season away is insane.  

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

hey kyle jeffries- if i were on the coaching staff we would have beaten pitt

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

You know, the most popular player on any team is the back-up QB.  What makes you guys think that C. Hill is any better at this point than Julmiste?  Hill or even Grothe may turn out to be a great QB.  However, neither may be ready at this point.  Some of you are willing to mortgage are future for something that may not work in the present.

I know everyone of you have played and coached football and are great evaluators of talent and can tell by seeing C. Hill at WR that he's a better QB than Julmiste at this time.  Personally, I can't tell if he is or if he isn't.  I'll defer to CJL's judgment.

As far as Ronnie Banks goes, so far Julmiste hasn't been any better.  So, it appears that CJL wasn't just being loyal to Ronnie.  He felt that PJ wasn't better.

I agree.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Are we 0-6 ?  Have not won a conference game ? Have no chance for a bowl game ?  You guys remind me of my 14 year old daughter.  ***** complain and complain some more when things don't go her way.  Grow up.  USF had a bad game Saturday.  It wasn't the offense that gave up a 69 yard TD or a 41 yard play to the Bulls 12 yard line.  The "D" stunk and so did the "O".  Next week we continue our quest for our first Bowl game.  The coaches will put the best team on the field they think has a chance to win the game.  Until we are out of the Bowl hunt don't expect a QB change.  I am dying because I thought Denson was going to be the answer but clearly he still thinks this is High School and he can make every play with his feet.  Has he had more receptions then interceptions and fumbles this year ?

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

i posted here that denson was too short to play qb and was not the answer for the qb position when he announced the transfer.how can a guy 3000 miles away no more than the day to day coaches

i would not change qbs after we are out of hunt

i want to see our freshman play when it counts

i don't care to see them play garbage time

let pj and denson play garbage time when it doesn't count

the coaches and dabull  have it backwards

why leave bullets in your gun.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Are we 0-6 ?

No, but we may go 0-6 in conference from here on out.

Have not won a conference game ?

We hid our QB in that game. Everyone on the Bulls football team contributed to that game except for our QB.

NO team will let that happen to them, again. There is a blueprint that has been laid out on how to beat the USF Bulls.

Have no chance for a bowl game ?

You dont go to a bowl game without a decent QB. You cant hide your QB for 11 games. You just cant do it.

You guys remind me of my 14 year old daughter.  ***** complain and complain some more when things don't go her way.  Grow up.

Ok, you can pay for all of my USF merchandise, my football game tickets, and any refreshments that I want at the stadium. Then I'll stop complaining.

This is supposedly "big time college football" that we're watching. With that comes criticism, pressure, and passionate fans with opinions.

USF had a bad game Saturday.

....and Sept 3, and Oct 1....

....with all 3 being "bad games" for the same reason...

It wasn't the offense that gave up a 69 yard TD or a 41 yard play to the Bulls 12 yard line.

Correct.

No one said the secondary played well. In fact, the secondary is probably our 2nd weakest area. But, if the offense can stop going 3 and out, it may give the defense a chance to rest a little.

The "D" stunk and so did the "O".

Neither played well, but the defense HAS shown that it has the ability to perform when it needs to.

Next week we continue our quest for our first Bowl game.

West Virginia will beat us by 10+

The coaches will put the best team on the field they think has a chance to win the game.

Our QB is the worst in Div-1A. The coaches may be wrong, us fans may be wrong, but no one is gonna find out until Carlton Hill gets a chance.

Until we are out of the Bowl hunt don't expect a QB change.

I think we already are. If not, Julsucke will make sure of it in the next 2 games.

I am dying because I thought Denson was going to be the answer but clearly he still thinks this is High School and he can make every play with his feet.  Has he had more receptions then interceptions and fumbles this year ?

I agree. I bought into the hype as well.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

LOL, i beat them in Playstation also LOL

hey kyle jeffries- if i were on the coaching staff we would have beaten pitt