• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Why don't we play a freshman

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

Early in this year we were ecstatic at landing recruit "C. Hill".  Well by now we all know that Pat sucks.  I don't even want to consider Denson after that outstanding appearance. Why don’t we play Hill at QB?  Maybe the question should be when??

Your thoughts?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

If Carlton Hill were a better option at QB than either Pat Julmiste or Courtney Denson, he'd be playing already.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Honestly, if there is going to be a QB change during the game I'd rather see Carlton Hill come in than Denson. I have seen enough of Denson to know he shouldn't be in there playing QB.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

I don't know Gary.  I think CJL has the loyalty streak in him, with his players and his coaches.  So, even when they are bad, and he knows it, he sticks with them out of loyalty.  He needs to wake up or his loyalty will cost him his job.  He needs to go outside of the system and find a fresh OC and play someone else at QB.  That being said, if we manage to win enough games this year to be bowl eligible, I don't think it will be becuase of the offense.  I will still think PJ and Rod Smith need to go.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Honestly, if there is going to be a QB change during the game I'd rather see Carlton Hill come in than Denson. I have seen enough of Denson to know he shouldn't be in there playing QB.
al

'Gree totally.  Make Denson a RB, WR or DB...NOW!

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

i still do not see the wisdom 20/20 of RSing grote we need a playmaker at QB and none have step up consistantly so far

if PJ would manage the game and to turn the ball over he would be ok. then we can play field position ball with our defense. i don't see any team left on the schedule driving 80 yds consistantly on the D.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

I think CJL has the loyalty streak in him, with his players and his coaches.  So, even when they are bad, and he knows it, he sticks with them out of loyalty.  He needs to wake up or his loyalty will cost him his job.  He needs to go outside of the system and find a fresh OC and play someone else at QB.  That being said, if we manage to win enough games this year to be bowl eligible, I don't think it will be becuase of the offense.  I will still think PJ and Rod Smith need to go.

which is why leavitt needs to go.. this favoritism is getting ridiculous.. hell, it took a freaking act of congress to get ronnie banks' sorry ass out and julmiste's in.. not only is leavitt playing favorites, he cant develop a QB worth a ****.. sure, blackwell was good, but then again, he couldve just been a talent playing with 1AA opponents

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Hey is Brian Fisher out of jail yet?!? Oh I guess his eligibility ran out. :-/

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

I don't know Gary.  I think CJL has the loyalty streak in him, with his players and his coaches.  So, even when they are bad, and he knows it, he sticks with them out of loyalty.  He needs to wake up or his loyalty will cost him his job.  He needs to go outside of the system and find a fresh OC and play someone else at QB.  That being said, if we manage to win enough games this year to be bowl eligible, I don't think it will be becuase of the offense.  I will still think PJ and Rod Smith need to go.

Great analysis, that’s what I was thinking when I wrote the question.  It seams JL is not very flexible.  Could Hill be that bad?  Denson has come in and.... well you have seen what he is done so far.  Play Hill at QB as well

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

You know, the most popular player on any team is the back-up QB.  What makes you guys think that C. Hill is any better at this point than Julmiste?  Hill or even Grothe may turn out to be a great QB.  However, neither may be ready at this point.  Some of you are willing to mortgage are future for something that may not work in the present.

I know everyone of you have played and coached football and are great evaluators of talent and can tell by seeing C. Hill at WR that he's a better QB than Julmiste at this time.  Personally, I can't tell if he is or if he isn't.  I'll defer to CJL's judgment.

As far as Ronnie Banks goes, so far Julmiste hasn't been any better.  So, it appears that CJL wasn't just being loyal to Ronnie.  He felt that PJ wasn't better.