• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In Game Chat USF vs Houston

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Gregory recruits and coaches so he can't have it both ways. Either way, the stench of his season is on him. The team should be loaded next year and nothing short of the NCAAT or a deep run in the NIT in his 4th year will be acceptable.

I would agree but one mediocre season at a school that has struggled to achieve mediocre seasons of late does not a bad coach make, hopefully he rebounds and is successful and if not you get to have the glory of saying you heard it here first.

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I wasn't trying to compare the two until the prior poster said that Gregory is the best coach we have ever had. I think that's easily refutable which is all I was trying to do.

Well i agree with that.  Right now you have to give it to Heath until CBG gets us to the Sweet 16.....Im still upset about that loss in the Tourny to Ohio.  If we hadnt had that extra play in game , i think would have made the Sweet 16 and with that defense maybe further.  We we just too tired for that game.

Guest Jonesy Bull
9 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Gregory recruits and coaches so he can't have it both ways. Either way, the stench of his season is on him. The team should be loaded next year and nothing short of the NCAAT or a deep run in the NIT in his 4th year will be acceptable.

Im interested into why we be loaded next year.  Yetna coming back will be huge.  But are these recruits coming in projected to be that much of a difference maker?

Sorry I only maginally follow recruiting.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

50 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I would agree but one mediocre season at a school that has struggled to achieve mediocre seasons of late does not a bad coach make, hopefully he rebounds and is successful and if not you get to have the glory of saying you heard it here first.

45 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

This whole notion that USF basketball is the toughest place to coach is such a victim's mentality.

Not sure how you got that from what puc said there, scarecrow. That was said back in the pre-Muma Big East days and I'm not sure many, if any, feel that way today .....

49 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

That's the problem with USF and many of its few, remaining fans - no demands for excellence, so instead they lower the bar so low that they'll never be disappointed.

L ..... O ..... L

3 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Good ole Trip weighing in and defending the program not matter what. Gotta love your blind loyalty.

I think all of us like to demand excellence but if howling at the moon hasn’t produced the results from our calls for decades it sometimes gets exhausting and every once and a while we just have to take a second and see what fate lays out for us.

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Not sure how you got that from what puc said there, scarecrow. That was said back in the pre-Muma Big East days and I'm not sure many, if any, feel that way today .....

L ..... O ..... L

Kind of poetic when you think about it

Just now, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Less comparing coaches and more about the game.

Did we win?

If we did there would be less talk about the hypotheticals and coach comparisons and more talk about the game.

Just now, brybull1970 said:

If you're exhausted I could understand that. I'm not exhausted yet. 

I applaud your perseverance and hope to cycle back to it, for now it would be nice to think excellence may just find us when we stop looking so hard for it. Fortuna is a fickle mistress.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

This will be his 10th straight year of finishing 7th or worse in conference.

The guy is a good firefighter but he has a low ceiling.

Also in those 10 years he's had:

NIT Quarterfinal

NCAA Division I Second Round

NIT Champions

NIT First Round

NIT Quarterfinal

CBI Champions

He's had more post season wins in those 10 years, even taking out your meaningless CBI wins, than we've had in our entire existence so trying to intimate that he's somehow not good enough for our vaunted program at this point in time is making you sound pretty ridiculous ...

• Upvote 1