• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coordinator’s pay

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

I didn't see a bonus for winning a natty ...... We obviously still have that Michael Kelly problem.

• Haha 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

48 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

At the very least it's a signal the administration is giving this staff time. Realistically we aren't fending off P5 schools if they want our coordinators so this is basically the school saying "we're giving you time to turn this around and we want stability". 

Stability is important and significantly underrated by quite a few people on this board.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I would prefer the bounties be on P5 programs and a significant one for NY6 a NY6 win significantly moves the needle and P5 wins get far more buts in stands than UCF wins ( if for no other reason than P5 games are at the start of the season while UCF the end). I really just don’t like the optics of exalting UCF above any other G5 program and I think it feeds their narrative.

If you look at almost every comment Scott makes he brings up the fact we have not won a conference championship...EVER. He knows this is the goal. We can’t look at something we have already done (beating P5 teams) as the goal. This program deficiency needs to end now! 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  993
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, BDYZR said:

They're all going to leave for that big money contract as soon as they prove that they can do the job, so why not make their contract more incentive laden? 

Because they won't sign it when they have other better options

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If you look at almost every comment Scott makes he brings up the fact we have not won a conference championship...EVER. He knows this is the goal. We can’t look at something we have already done (beating P5 teams) as the goal. This program deficiency needs to end now! 

He hasn't checked with Puc about the importance of winning a Conf title.

7 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

He hasn't checked with Puc about the importance of winning a Conf title.

I am expecting the call next week.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

On 1/26/2020 at 1:46 PM, slowdown said:

Because they won't sign it when they have other better options

the schools are horrible negotiators because there is no accountability for their inability to negotiate

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, smazza said:

the schools are horrible negotiators because there is no accountability for their inability to negotiate

It’s because AD’s negotiate these deals a handful of times in their career while coaches are represented by people negotiating their deals at least that many times a year. Also to the AD getting their “guy” is the important part to them so that they can move on up and leave any bad deals with the next guy, where as agents are only worried about getting their guy paid. The inequity of the contracts are appalling especially when you look at the lopsided clauses for breaking the contract, if a school breaks it they owe every penny if a coach breaks it they owe comparatively nothing.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

It's amazing how inept some AD's are in negotiating agreements and how we do not make some of these contracts incentive laden versus assured money. I liken it to when the rooking getting drafted would get a huge payday without ever taking a snap.

Coaches should be shifted to something similar. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

6 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

It's amazing how inept some AD's are in negotiating agreements and how we do not make some of these contracts incentive laden versus assured money. I liken it to when the rooking getting drafted would get a huge payday without ever taking a snap.

Coaches should be shifted to something similar. 

You confused me.  Don't rookies get huge contracts without taking a snap or throwing a pitch or making a jumper?