• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pat Julmiste = Chris Rix, dont try to defend him!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Our offensive passing game is very vanilla. I think it's that way due to the QB talent that we have at this point in time. Pitt covered our recievers well, the stacked the box to stop the run, and I didn't see any USF adjustment to address those issues. Oh yea and we turned the **** ball over 3 times, which resulted in 21 easy Pitt points.

Nuff said

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

How many points has our offense GIVEN the other team in the past 2 games? We should just get a lead in a game and then take a knee on every subsequent offensive possession and hope our defense holds the other team.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  193

A. Hall had the best looking pass of the day for USF. Between Julmiste and Denson we probably have close to the worst QB's in the nation.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  132

For once I agree with Smazza. Being a good athlete does not equal being a good quarterback.  With that said, we have no other option then to go with Julmeste the rest of the year. I think teams have figuered out how to beat us. Stop Andre Hall and the end around (which by the way, if it's not working the first ten times, why the hell are you doing it again!) and make Julmeste throw. Frustrating....but always a fan!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Yeah, just becaust PJ has played poorly doesn't mean he deserves to be compared to Rix.  They really aren't the same at all.  They are bad for different reasons and PJ is lightyears ahead of Rix off the field.  Fact is, neither are good qb's for top programs.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

Yeah, just becaust PJ has played poorly doesn't mean he deserves to be compared to Rix.  They really aren't the same at all.  They are bad for different reasons and PJ is lightyears ahead of Rix off the field.  Fact is, neither are good qb's for top programs.

ok, well they may be different off the field, but we're talking about on the field.. sure, they are great athletes, with good arms, but they both make stupid mistakes and cost their teams ballgames.. both come from similar backgrounds-- both were recruited out of high school and never proved themselves their senior years (julmiste=ran a **** WING-T OFFENSE, throwing less than 100 passes; rix=played WIDE RECEIVER his senior year).  i'm sorry, but thats just bad recruiting if you're going to make gambles like that, and there is justification for calling for leavitt's head.. people in tally had to deal with rix and now we gotta deal with this joker

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

rix is 100 times better than pj

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  118

PJ stinks but I agree with other posters that right now he needs to stay in there because we have no other alternative. I don't think the young kids are ready and I am not ready to throw out the entire season.

There is always the possibility that PJ plays adequately enough that we can pull off another miracle and beat WVU ala Louisville.

That being said, if we lose to WVU and then lose to Rutgers, I believe we need to go in a different direction and give somebody some reps who will hopefully start next year.

And if they EVER put Courtney Denson in there again, I am going to scream!

Being a good or great athlete doesn't mean squat if you can't take care of the football and get a pass to a wide receiver every now and then.

If we did end up being 6-5 at the end of the season, and bowl eligible, I would hope we don't get a bowl bid because I would be scared to death that PJ would embarrass us in front of the whole country.  :'(

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  148

Agreed!!  I don'y know how many viable options we have at QB right now, just because CD is from Auburn, let's just put all that to rest...how many picks can the other 2 throw, let's not see.  At the very least, PJ is taking the sack and not trying to thread the needle in triple coverage.  This was the problem last year, we would have been better than 4 and seven last year had he taken a sack and not just put it up for grabs.  The reality is, we have no passing game to get us out of a hole, so realistically we can't be down more than a score to have a remote chance.  A lot of this though is the recievers dropping passes, how fustrating is that?  That stupid reverse play, we tried four times for no yards, when were they going to give it up?  Basically, to beat WVU, our defense needs to create 4 or 5 turnovers and give out offense the ball twice as much as WVU has it, because obviously to score we need about 3 times as many possessions to to score.  

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I am not a coach and I do not play one on TV or the internet. However, with that said I think that sometimes coaches should rethink their offensive schemes to go with the talent that they have. PJ is a good athlete, we have 1 great RB (Hall), and 1 good RB (Ponton). Why not line up in the wishbone, and run the option? I have to agree with a previous poster the "spread/fastbreak offense is not working.