• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Face the Facts

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

we are stuck with our QB's for 2005.

nm

we haven't tried Hill yet,

but then I guess we wouldn't want to waste the redshirt...oh wait I forgot we are wasting it while he sits on the bench. I guess we just don't want to put in someone not ready that could potentially mistakes, uhhhh wait, that is also already happening. I know I know, we don't want to put someone in that doesn't know our ever so complicated offense well enough to be efficient with it....ah never mind I'll not even go there again. Remind me again, why are we not even trying a series or two just for kicks?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

Just because they are highly heralded doesnt mean they are ready. The coaches are there daily we are not so they have a better understanding on wether they are ready to go or not. Is a big jump from HS ball to BE football and putting one of these kids in before they are ready could hurt their confidence for the future.

I guess we can expect these types of post after every loss. The facts are that we are not as talented nor as good as some fantasize and it shows vs good teams on the road,

our coaches have done a great job in our short history, however they are not perfect (nobody is) It seems that the one area they are lacking in is QB evaluation. Remember all that talk about how great Banks was in practice? Then it was Jewlmiste, and the begining of this year they thought Denson was the best. I'm sorry but I am not convinced that a player can be properly evaluated from practice only. Give the new kids a shot in a game and maybe they'll surprise us all....including the coaches.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,811
  • Days Won:  22

I do agree that we should see Grothe and C.Hill in at QB. Obviously they cant do worse than what we have seen.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

Is a big jump from HS ball to BE football and putting one of these kids in before they are ready could hurt their confidence for the future.

the only damage to their confidence would be if leavitt keeps them on the bench while the QB trash continues on the field.. how would that make u feel as a QB, if a coach doesnt play you and plays a crappy QB ahead of you?  these guys are adults, they'll learn from their mistakes freshman year (like brady quinn did and chris leak did as true frosh) and will take this program to another level (assuming leavitt didnt screw up this time in recruiting like he did with ronnie banks and julmiste)

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

I do agree that we should see Grothe and C.Hill in at QB. Obviously they cant do worse than what we have seen.

A CHINK IN THE ARMOR

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Bulls, 6-1 in the Big East??  No way.  They'll be lucky to only lose 3 Big East games this year.  What should have been a banner year looks to be heading south.  I'd love it for this team to turn it around, but we have no idea what to expect  when the offense is on the field.  Take out a few trick plays, and our offense really looks like the worst in Division 1A.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,811
  • Days Won:  22

smazza

I m not saying PJ has done a good job, but what ive said is that the coaches are closer to the situation than we are. Could Grothe and Hill do worse? sure they can. Could they do better? God i hope so.

But once again im not paid to make those decisions. It would be like someone hearing the results of a case on tv and saying another lawyer could have done a better job without knowing any of the information to be used in the case.

I think is safe to say that NOT ONE Bull fan is happy with the QB situation and the offense in our team. I couldnt care less is BOBo the clown was our QB as long as we won.

By the way i think you should know that Grothe is not that much taller than Denson.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

By the way i think you should know that Grothe is not that much taller than Denson.-cubanbull-thanks i knew that but he may have the intangibles the postion requires.he may not but we will never know

why wan't he preparred to play qb this year

same question with respect to ca hill

i lost faith in coaches 4 years ago when they said how good banks was and i saw how bad he was

I KNEW THAN THAT LEAVITT WAS A SNAKE OIL SALESMAN