• Join Today

Join today and enjoy site benefits and fewer ads presented

• Members do not see this ad. Join today.

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Or the hotel won't be as nice once you check in.  :thumbsup:  You just made it too easy.  :guinness:

I do have a way of lowering the bar, last time I was there on business me and a co-worker walked about 2 miles back to this hotel from Coyote Ugly, the next morning we realized that we were only 2 blocks from the bar and had a $400 tab after frequenting numerous establishments prior, those women are evil.

Members do not see this ad, Register
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few things I'd pass along. Plan on a minimum of 3-4 days. Austin is a fun town.  If you are really into live music stay there. If not stay in San Antonio or New Braunfels.  Especially if y

Wear a 'Make America Great Again' hat while you're in Austin... you'll be a favorite among the dregs living on the streets asking for handouts. On a different note, Texas Mark nailed it. There are two

Not sure how you guys can’t handle the heat when you are SOUTH FLORIDA fans, jeez, cowboy up and come to Texas to see how the real men live.

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Let me know what you are doing when you decide.

Not sure how you guys can’t handle the heat when you are SOUTH FLORIDA fans, jeez, cowboy up and come to Texas to see how the real men live.

• Upvote 2

Spent a week in Austin last spring. 

Can vouch for Salt Lick BBQ in Driftwood TX. Wonderful.  BYOB!

Have to do Voodoo Donuts, preferably about 3:00 AM. Check out the long thin donut with chocolate frosting. 

If traveling north or south of Austin make sure you stop at Buc-ee’s. Kind of a combination of a handful of Wawa’s, a few 7-11’s, a Sonny’s and several I-Drive over the top souvenir stores. 120 Gas Pumps! A wall of Jerky!! (There are actually a couple of these coming to Florida in Daytona and Ft Myers) 

Edited by SpikeBull
4 minutes ago, SpikeBull said:

Spent a week in Austin last spring. 

Can vouch for Salt Lick BBQ in Driftwood TX. Wonderful.  BYOB!

Have to do Voodoo Donuts, preferably about 3:00 AM. Check out the long thin donut with chocolate frosting. 

If traveling north or south of Austin make sure you stop at Buc-ee’s. Kind of a combination of a handful of Wawa’s, a few 7-11’s, a Sonny’s and several I-Drive over the top souvenir stores. 120 Gas Pumps! A wall of Jerky!! (There are actually a couple of these coming to Florida in Daytona and Ft Myers) 

Soooo....anything else to do besides increase heart disease and get fat? 😀

Edited by NewEnglandBull
43 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Soooo....anything else to do besides increase heart disease and get fat? 😀

Moderation my friend, moderation

I had a work conference in Austin last year. I stayed at the AT&T Conference Center which is a few blocks from the stadium. It’s a great town but traffic sucked. 

The weekend I was there was when UT and Oklahoma played in Dallas so game day traffic wasn’t even an issue. 

Any other items for Austin?  I see a lot of San Antonio stuff but most fans I would think will hang in Austin for the entire weekend.  Bars, restaurants, spots to hit around town, etc.  Thanks

Go Bulls! 

14 minutes ago, JoeB said:

Any other items for Austin?  I see a lot of San Antonio stuff but most fans I would think will hang in Austin for the entire weekend.  Bars, restaurants, spots to hit around town, etc.  Thanks

Go Bulls! 

6th street in Austin is very live, don’t bother with San Antonio, if you stay downtown then there is absolutely no reason to leave Austin, trust me it is like Ybor on steroids. I have been in Texas for 14 yrs you will have fun.