• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

First Timer Tonight for USF Basketball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  309
  • Days Won:  0

First off, thanks for everyone's input.  It was appreciated.

My game report.  I got two tickets for $6 plus fees three rows up from the endcourt. Team played hard but really lacks a deep threat. Castaneda is supposedly the guy but I didn't see it. Rideau looked awful. Reminded me of that guy on a pick up team who sucks at shooting but won't stop. A guard shooting under .500% for free throws should not be on the court. The Center position was getting beat up too but Durr could get better next year.

Really nice 10K seat arena. Beer was Yuengling but if they sold a draft for $5 vs $7 it would be more reasonable.

I'd guesstimate about 2500 USF fans and 500 Wichita State fans. Ofcourse many are retirees but a fair amount of younger Shocker fans too.

Traffic was hideous.  Met my friend at Franklin Templeton about a mile fro the Howard Frankenstein Bridge in St Pete.  Left at 5:33pm we arrived at our parking at 6:58pm.  Ridiculous.  No accidents just congested.  I'll go to another game but it will be on a Saturday.  No wonder the Ray's can't draw crap...no one from Tampa wants to drive over for a weekday game.

Edited by TexanMark

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, TexanMark said:

First off, thanks for everyone's input.  It was appreciated.

My game report.  I got two tickets for $6 plus fees three rows up from the endcourt. Team played hard but really lacks a deep threat. Castaneda is supposedly the guy but I didn't see it. Rideau looked awful. Reminded me of that guy on a pick up team who sucks at shooting but won't stop. A guard shooting under .500% for free throws should not be on the court. The Center position was getting beat up too but Durr could get better next year.

Really nice 10K seat arena. Beer was Yuengling but if they sold a draft for $5 vs $7 it would be more reasonable.

I'd guesstimate about 2500 USF fans and 500 Wichita State fans. Ofcourse many are retirees but a fair amount of younger Shocker fans too.

Traffic was hideous.  Met my friend at Franklin Templeton about a mile fro the Howard Frankenstein Bridge in St Pete.  Left at 5:33pm we arrived at our parking at 6:58pm.  Ridiculous.  No accidents just congested.  I'll go to another game but it will be on a Saturday.  No wonder the Ray's can't draw crap...no one from Tampa wants to drive over for a weekday game.

Thanks for updating.  Hope you had a good time despite the outcome.  You're right about the traffic.  I live in Wesley Chapel and I'm just not making that drive much anymore for a Rays game.  It was around 1.5 hours one way for the playoff game.

You hit the nail on the head about players.  I'm not a big fan of Castaneda.  Rideau does well on the defensive end, but not good on the offense, and we are hurting down low.  I actually think Durr has improved, but has a way to go and I don't see the other guys helping out much on the glass.

Next year with Yetna healthy and other additions we should see a rebound hopefully one that includes postseason.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

57 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Thanks for updating.  Hope you had a good time despite the outcome.  You're right about the traffic.  I live in Wesley Chapel and I'm just not making that drive much anymore for a Rays game.  It was around 1.5 hours one way for the playoff game.

You hit the nail on the head about players.  I'm not a big fan of Castaneda.  Rideau does well on the defensive end, but not good on the offense, and we are hurting down low.  I actually think Durr has improved, but has a way to go and I don't see the other guys helping out much on the glass.

Next year with Yetna healthy and other additions we should see a rebound hopefully one that includes postseason.

Not to hijack the thread but we're in the same area and going to Rays games is an all day adventure for us. Luckily we're retired but we try to get through downtown Tampa by 3:30 or 4 and then hang out at Fergs.

Glad you got to a game Texan.  It is a nice arena and the kids do play hard.  And you are right, weekend games should normally be easier to get to for you.  

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  309
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Not to hijack the thread but we're in the same area and going to Rays games is an all day adventure for us. Luckily we're retired but we try to get through downtown Tampa by 3:30 or 4 and then hang out at Fergs.

Glad you got to a game Texan.  It is a nice arena and the kids do play hard.  And you are right, weekend games should normally be easier to get to for you.  

Feel free to hijack.  If you want some food different than Ferg's try Hawker's

https://eathawkers.com/st-petersburg-fl/

Last year before games they had appetizer specials and craft beer specials for a really good price.  Looks like they are still active.  You can actually make a meal of a couple apps and beers

https://eathawkers.com/happyhour/

Another tip:  You can park on the block just north of Hawkers.  Two lots there are usually $5-10 cheaper than Fergs.

I'm like 10-12 mins away so weeknight games to the Trop are a pleasure.

Edited by TexanMark