• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

opinions on qb play and position

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

We have won our games in spite of PJ this season, not because of him. Before the Pitt game was the chance to make a change at QB. We had 2 weeks to prepare for this very BAD Pitt team. If we didnt make it then, we're going to ride the bad arm of PJ to the end of the season barring injury. I am just very frustrated that with 2 weeks to prepare for Pitt, we didnt game plan better. Hell, it looked like pure genius playcalling against Louisville and with 2 week to prepare for Pitt we come out like this, no excuses. The season is not lost, but I am seriously looking forward to having a new QB in there for next season, whoever he is.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

i cant wait till about tuesday when al the Julsucke supporters start rollin in...

i've been saying all the things posted in this thread since day 1.............of LAST year.

• Topic Count:  9,893
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

rhbull-why would leavitt have a new qb next season.he will definitely start a snoir qb in jewelmiste

shoop-both of us anda few others have been warning of pj's lack of qb skills for the last year

when i heard that pj was still qb at spring game i was stymied.when i heard that ca hill and grothe would not be battling it out for #1 and #2 i was baffled.what a waste.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

rhbull-why would leavitt have a new qb next season.he will definitely start a snoir qb in jewelmiste

shoop-both of us anda few others have been warning of pj's lack of qb skills for the last year

when i heard that pj was still qb at spring game i was stymied.when i heard that ca hill and grothe would not be battling it out for #1 and #2 i was baffled.what a waste.

the politics behind this program are what upset me the most with the leavitt regime.. i hate people who play favorites

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

watch out with that comment, all the fans over 30 years of age on this board with castrate you for criticising pat.

my opinion of our QBs?  garbage... but this isnt the 1st time i've said this, yet people on here wanna perform a monica lewinsky on pat julmiste, so its no use to suggest anything of the sort.

we are a better team that pitt.  end of discussion.  HOWEVER, our QB is a major choker who ONCE AGAIN cost us the game.. pitt is a terrible team that we should have beaten if we had a half-way decent qb

I'm over 30 so I guess I'll pile on a bit. I do agree that PJ is just not cutting it (to put it VERY nicely), however I'll also say that the critisism, or maybe a better word is the blame towards him is misguided. Regardless of his production he is obviously giving everything he has and it is the COACHES job to either fix it or change it. I put my blame firmly on the hands of the coaches. I'm still not convinced that if you put PJ, Denson or even Banks at a school like Florida that they would be anywhere near as bad as they are here. I just can't imagine that we are teaching these kids the proper techniques and properly preparing them mentally for game day. If we are coaching them ok then we must just be a recruiting disaster. And this goes for WRs as well, does every recruit we bring in have butterfingers or is it lack of coaching? Either way, it is on the coaches shoulders to fix the problem so I would direct the blame to them instead of the player on the field that doesn't belong but is still giving the best they have. Hey, ask me to go out there and play QB, I'll try my hardest...but you'd be a real idiot for asking it of me.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, the Play calling was absolutely horrendous this game. Was Hobbie running the show again? Really makes me wonder.

Does this really surprise you? I mean Hobbie wasn't fired so we could get someone better. He quit and the entire reason for promoting Smith was so things WOULDN'T change. So, we got exactly what we wanted. Things have NOT changed. Smith still coaches QBs like crap and the offensive system is still crap and the playcalling is still crap....just like we wanted it, no surprise there.

Of course I'll admit that as much as I hated this hire I hoped beyond hope that my fears would be proven completely wrong and somehow smith would have proven that he was just hindered by Hobbie...well, guess I should have known that was just pipe dream.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

the politics behind this program are what upset me the most with the leavitt regime.. i hate people who play favorites

Because the coach doesn't do what you want him to do, he's playing favorites?  He named CD as the starter before the PSU game, he pulled him and put in PJ.

Maybe, just maybe, our best chance to win is still with PJ, as much as you don't like hearing that.

Do I think PJ did a good job against Pitt?  Absolutely not.

Do I think CaHill, at this point in time, is as good or better than PJ?  I have no way of knowing.

PJ started over Ronnie Banks, because RB wasn't getting the job done and PJ was better.

CJL wants to win, and until any of you can PROVE that he is playing favorites, I'll defer to his judgment.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,730
  • Days Won:  3

See...we all know that CJL isn't going to hold anyone back for any "personal" reason.  And we all know that until PJ gets knocked off the roost, he's still - and it pains me to say this - the best shot we have at winning. (Bear in mind that the term "best shot" has several hundred posts of qualifying caveats attached. )

No one is questioning his heart / character. But the bottom line is - he just ain't "that good" at what needs to be done. It's just being honest. Whether it's his skillset, coaching, or a combination of the two, he's going to always have a big target on his back. And that target draws a lot of fire when we lose.

• Topic Count:  9,893
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

leavitt has so many agendas and hangup it is impossible to keep up

look how long it took for him to give in to pressure to play ftu/ou/oc

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  121

what I don't get is how quickly we've decided that Smith is an idiot after so many praised him for the UL win. Was the game plan for Pitt a good one? No -- it was ineffective. The play was bad. We got some bad breaks. We did some silly stuff. It was a disaster more or less.

Is it the end of the world or a sign that the Bulls are toast this year? Maybe. I like to think it is not and that it was an aberration. I think that way in hopes that we might right the ship and get our collective asses to a Bowl game or even a winning record.

It's not the first time I've seen people change their tune after a loss.

basically-- it comes down to this-- we don't like to lose and many want to know why we lose. So the blame game starts. Is that productive? To me-- not so much. Perhaps it is cathartic for others. I find it very frustrating-- almost more so than the loss itself.

With any luck-- the team has shaken off the play of the Pitt game and shows up ready to go against WVU. We need them to win that game badly or this board will go into meltdown mode.

So for the sake of the Bull Nation-- perhaps we should think positive thoughts, say our prayers, and try to believe in this team we all love (or is it love to hate) so very much.