• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

opinions on qb play and position

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

I was saying all through the off-season that we have to find somebody to replace Julmiste. He is not the answer, and if that's the best we can do then we won't go far.

thats why we all hoped it was denson as we knew it was him or nobody. no was a true freshman (grothe/hill)was going to start at qb.

Obviously PJ is better than CD...which is probably not saying much.

Teams are going to force PH and the WR's to beat them....can they ???

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Time to break out Carlton Hill. In two years at QB, Julmiste has lead an enemic attack on offense. Our D fense wins games, not our Offense. Julmiste can not throw the ball, has too many "Emotional" issues, and can not get it done. denson is a lost cause, should be groomed to return punts, never take another snap at QB. Our recievers are pansies who are scared to take a hit, and when a pass IS thrown to them, they drop it! Who the heck keeps telling our D backs to play off the man? This scheme is sure not working, because teams are eating us alive back there. AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, the Play calling was absolutely horrendous this game. Was Hobbie running the show again? Really makes me wonder.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

L'ville was a fluke...and although L'ville is beating WV, I don't see us getting the big "W" next weekend.

L'ville was not a fluke. The gameplan was great...they were not ready for Amari....that being said everyone is NOW ready for the reverses and other trickery....and today's game plan seemed awful!

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

the Play calling was absolutely horrendous this game. Was Hobbie running the show again? Really makes me wonder.

the play calling was bad because our QB is bad.. i think even the coaching knows this, which is why they try to "hide" pat by running the ball more and running trick plays.. it worked against louisville, but people are starting to realize that as long as they can shut down our run attack, we WILL turn the ball over with julmiste under cent.. freaking A

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

smazza gets 90% of his posts after a USF loss.  When we win, he's nowhere to be found.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

I've never seen an Offensive give SO many points to the other team.  I am still in shock.  **** me for putting that money on this game.  Just when I start to bullieve again, this happens.  Horrible, just horrible.  

I should start drinking again!   ::)

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

Listening to CJL on the post game interview from the locker room, it sounded like he was ready to kick some serious ass.  He basically cut Louk and Robinson off and asked "is there anything else?"  I hope he is ready to make some wholesale changes before this season is lost.  Although PJ is the number one QB, it seems like now he is the lesser of the evils.  It is obvious now why Auburn wanted Denson at CB instead of QB.  Neither he nor PJ seem to know how to make the right decisions.  It has nothing to do with their arms or their legs, neither one of them know how to make the right decision.  (Although I will say the receivers don't help when PJ does actually make a good pass.

I really thought we had a long line of great QB's coming up starting with Denson but that does not appear to be true.  I hope Hill and Grothe are better.  

It really seems like are problems are not just at QB, but his turnovers are not helping.  Penalties, special teams, play calling, this team did not look like a bowl team today.  Hopefully they can regroup and get a huge win against the 'Eers next week and right this ship for the rest of the year.  We have the talent and still have a chance.  I am not ready to start preparing for next year yet.  

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

QB - So far PJ has been horrible on the road.  Where is the PJ of the UCF and UL games.  His feet work is bad.  He dances like Sammie Davis Jr as soon ast the first WR is covered.  PJ was a option QB in HS.  It shows.  USF should run the option offense.  I can't believe USF has nobody w/a more accurate arm than PJ.  It's gonna be hard to beat PJ out unless they take the job away from him soon.

WR - They are compounding the issue for PJ.  USF was robbed on the Peyton catch.  There was not enuff evidence to overturn the original "catch" call.  It may have made a big difference in the game.

Coaching - First of all to ask for Leavit's head now is ludicrous but saying he may not be the long range answer is not totally crazy.  It's becoming evident having his team "road ready" is an issue.  He will never win a conference c'ship with is things remain the same.  Road turnovers are killing USF.

Assistant Coaches - Smith is below par but USF needs to pony up money for quality assistantS.  Lawrence Dawsey needs to be held accountable for the lack of concentration of the WRs in open field.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

QB -

Assistant Coaches - Smith is below par but USF needs to pony up money for quality assistantS.  Lawrence Dawsey needs to be held accountable for the lack of concentration of the WRs in open field.

My feelings exactly