• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New USF coach describes what it will take to get the program turned around

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, jjlovecub said:

I hate that I have to preface my comments but I would like to avoid the onslaught. I will start by saying I’m so excited for a new chapter and I am even more excited that the fan base “appears” to be rejuvenated (at least until our first loss). I guess after the last few years we all want hope. Can CJS motivate people and is he doing the right thing with his approach? I think so. 

Where I get confused is the “he is an amazing communicator” comments over and over again. I mean I guess and maybe it’s the field I work in where I am continually exposed to motivational speakers. The press conference was ok. He s media interviews decent. Does he make me want to run through a wall? No. Does he inspire me ? No. But also I’m not a football player so maybe to them that’s what they need. And I get we are all motivated by different things. 

It’s not a bad thing but I think people are just thinking everything is amazing and I hope it will be. My rationale mind just struggles with those comments and wondering what I’m missing?? But hey if this team and fan base are 100% for it that’s great because my excitement for USF has always been there. 

Contrast bias.  But, I do think that his personality and extroversion are just what is needed here.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

We are gonna embrace this dude. Lutz is gonna embrace this dude. I wanna see more USF Flags, license plates, decals, colors, and gear wearing while walking, running, biking, my Lutz streets. Bring it Lutz. We home. GO BULLS.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,340
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, jjlovecub said:

I hate that I have to preface my comments but I would like to avoid the onslaught. I will start by saying I’m so excited for a new chapter and I am even more excited that the fan base “appears” to be rejuvenated (at least until our first loss). I guess after the last few years we all want hope. Can CJS motivate people and is he doing the right thing with his approach? I think so. 

Where I get confused is the “he is an amazing communicator” comments over and over again. I mean I guess and maybe it’s the field I work in where I am continually exposed to motivational speakers. The press conference was ok. He s media interviews decent. Does he make me want to run through a wall? No. Does he inspire me ? No. But also I’m not a football player so maybe to them that’s what they need. And I get we are all motivated by different things. 

It’s not a bad thing but I think people are just thinking everything is amazing and I hope it will be. My rationale mind just struggles with those comments and wondering what I’m missing?? But hey if this team and fan base are 100% for it that’s great because my excitement for USF has always been there. 

He's George Patton compared to Chuck.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,003
  • Days Won:  38

12 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

He's George Patton compared to Chuck.

It's also the energy level and enthusiasm.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,212
  • Days Won:  25

He is more energy and no non-sense like CJL. He has a passion and I hope he backs up his words with action. He is my favorite hire of any coach since the JIM. He is the polar opposite of Chuckles, and if he lose he seems to ateast care put a fire under the boys rear. Only time will tell, but it has potential to be a great hire. I have learned to hold my expectations until I see results being a  Bucs, Bulls, and Lightning fan .

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

On 1/17/2020 at 2:43 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

Great speaker with a clear direction 

He is incredible.

On 1/17/2020 at 3:03 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

It is amazing. I think some of that is age but who knows. You are correct though, this is the best way to go. 

He is  so articulate and has a clear vision.he is so authentic 

On 1/18/2020 at 9:06 AM, jjlovecub said:

the best college coaches are great salesmen and communicators

scott will be a great one

• Upvote 1