• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New USF coach describes what it will take to get the program turned around

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It was meant to paint you as that, just to treat you as you would someone like that .... it was the least offensive of the options I ran through.

Hahahahaha I was not offended and I understood completely what you were trying to convey.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,733
  • Content Count:  37,566
  • Days Won:  29

Best thing I heard CJS saying USF Football was on his short list and when Michael Kelly became VP of Athletics it moved to the top.

#GoBulls !!! #HornsUp

Just now, E.T. said:

Best thing I heard CJS saying USF Football was on his short list and when Michael Kelly became VP of Athletics it moved to the top.

#GoBulls !!! #HornsUp

I’m just glad he didn’t say “dream job”.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Hitting the media circuit HARD!!!!!

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

11 hours ago, puc86 said:

I am sorry that was not my intention but I think the interview makes it pretty clear from his own mouth that USF is better served by him being singularly focused on USF. I am not saying it means we should not have hired him. I am not saying that it meant the world has come to an end because of it. However I do think it’s worth noting- OVER and OVER and OVER again -that it certainly wasn’t beneficial to us or in our best interest and having a head coach that doesn’t have another full time job is of greater benefit than hoping we get a mention during a playoff game (which didn’t happen in either game). Look at how much more buzz and excitement CJS has generated since leaving Clemson, it’s night and day and there is no way anyone thinks that month was the same as the last few days.

GO BULLS!

7 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

GO BULLS!

I think you missed a few hundred over and overs

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, DELdaBull said:

Hitting the media circuit HARD!!!!!

Wow it's almost as if there is enthusiasm for the high paying job and program.  I like these kinds of people.  You can even tell the difference in the corporate world.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

I hate that I have to preface my comments but I would like to avoid the onslaught. I will start by saying I’m so excited for a new chapter and I am even more excited that the fan base “appears” to be rejuvenated (at least until our first loss). I guess after the last few years we all want hope. Can CJS motivate people and is he doing the right thing with his approach? I think so. 

Where I get confused is the “he is an amazing communicator” comments over and over again. I mean I guess and maybe it’s the field I work in where I am continually exposed to motivational speakers. The press conference was ok. He s media interviews decent. Does he make me want to run through a wall? No. Does he inspire me ? No. But also I’m not a football player so maybe to them that’s what they need. And I get we are all motivated by different things. 

It’s not a bad thing but I think people are just thinking everything is amazing and I hope it will be. My rationale mind just struggles with those comments and wondering what I’m missing?? But hey if this team and fan base are 100% for it that’s great because my excitement for USF has always been there. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

6 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

I hate that I have to preface my comments but I would like to avoid the onslaught. I will start by saying I’m so excited for a new chapter and I am even more excited that the fan base “appears” to be rejuvenated (at least until our first loss). I guess after the last few years we all want hope. Can CJS motivate people and is he doing the right thing with his approach? I think so. 

Where I get confused is the “he is an amazing communicator” comments over and over again. I mean I guess and maybe it’s the field I work in where I am continually exposed to motivational speakers. The press conference was ok. He s media interviews decent. Does he make me want to run through a wall? No. Does he inspire me ? No. But also I’m not a football player so maybe to them that’s what they need. And I get we are all motivated by different things. 

It’s not a bad thing but I think people are just thinking everything is amazing and I hope it will be. My rationale mind just struggles with those comments and wondering what I’m missing?? But hey if this team and fan base are 100% for it that’s great because my excitement for USF has always been there. 

I think that the excitement has a lot do with him being an extrovert in comparison with an introvert's unsuccessful reign we just went through. Neither type has a monopoly on building successful programs, however, but if he's responsible for bringing some positive vibes back to the fanbase, and the board, for awhile, I'm good .....

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think that the excitement has a lot do with him being an extrovert in comparison with an introvert's unsuccessful reign we just went through. Neither type has a monopoly on building successful programs, however, but if he's responsible for bringing some positive vibes back to the fanbase, and the board, for awhile, I'm good .....

Agreed. Typically I would prefer a more contentious media relationship but that’s a luxury we can’t afford right now. He seems to be building bridges and creating a buzz long gone. It may not be the only way to be successful but it’s probably a pretty good approach at current.