• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

New USF coach describes what it will take to get the program turned around

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

27 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I am sorry that was not my intention but I think the interview makes it pretty clear from his own mouth that USF is better served by him being singularly focused on USF. I am not saying it means we should not have hired him. I am not saying that it meant the world has come to an end because of it. However I do think it’s worth noting that it certainly wasn’t beneficial to us or in our best interest and having a head coach that doesn’t have another full time job is of greater benefit than hoping we get a mention during a playoff game (which didn’t happen in either game). Look at how much more buzz and excitement CJS has generated since leaving Clemson, it’s night and day and there is no way anyone thinks that month was the same as the last few days.

Did you consider it makes us look better as a school/program to possible recruits, potential future coaches/ADs, HS coaches in the area, college football power brokers and whoever else that we let Scott complete his season with Clemson?

I think it makes us look great. The situation were in as a program, you can never have too good an image to as many people as possible, and telling Scott he couldn’t coach in the playoffs would have been a bad look.

Edit: Actually I don’t want to get caught up in this. Just please tone it down.

Edited by OncomingStorm

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,672
  • Days Won:  8

If he takes another job we’ve now set an expectation he will coach USFs bowl game. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, OncomingStorm said:

Did you consider it makes us look better as a school/program to possible recruits, potential future coaches/ADs, HS coaches in the area, college football power brokers and whoever else that we let Scott complete his season with Clemson?

I think it makes us look great. The situation were in as a program, you can never have too good an image to as many people as possible, and telling Scott he couldn’t coach in the playoffs would have been a bad look.

Edit: Actually I don’t want to get caught up in this. Just please tone it down.

I have considered it and as I stated if it’s what it took to get the deal done with our guy than by all means it was a fine concession, I just don’t see how anyone could argue the benefits we received from his coaching another team was more beneficial than had we been able to get him right off the bat. It’s not a very controversial take (actually most of my takes aren’t horribly controversial) but I do understand that my tone, presentation and volume of posts can in fact be a tad much at times. I think it works best if you try to find humor in most of them, it seems to work for a lot of people but your criticism is noted and I have no desire to chase off people as I think this board and our fanbase is best served by having as many people as possible.

8 minutes ago, Gismo said:

If he takes another job we’ve now set an expectation he will coach USFs bowl game. 

Like all things USF that situation will be “different”.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,216
  • Days Won:  422

9 minutes ago, Gismo said:

Only if it's under the same circumstances as this time ....

Just now, Triple B said:

Only if it's under the same circumstances as this time ....

He is going to be an assistant coach here?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I do understand that my tone, presentation and volume of posts can in fact be a tad much at times. I think it works best if you try to find humor in most of them

My suggestion to board members would be to treat you like the senile, old uncle at family gatherings that just sits in the corner, babbling incessantly about the same things over and over again. If you want to engage, fine, just know what you're getting involved with. If you don't, just walk on by. avoiding eye contact.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

My suggestion to board members would be to treat you like the senile, old uncle at family gatherings that just sits in the corner, babbling incessantly about the same things over and over again. If you want to engage, fine, just know what you're getting involved with. If you don't, just walk on by. avoiding eye contact.

This is pretty sound advice except not that old and probably CTE instead of senility. But I do honestly try to avoid people that aren’t engaging with me or do not regularly engage with me and I almost never make personal attacks and when I am personally attacked I usually respond with self deprecation. The internet has far worse things to offer than my posts, I do try to be as good of a citizen as someone with this niche of talking points can be and I do try to freshen them up as much as you can 10 year old material.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,672
  • Days Won:  8

Good interview. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gismo said:

Good interview. 

He is hitting the media trail pretty hard and is probably doing a better job of it than anyone we have ever had, hopefully we can come out next season and capitalize on some of this good will.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, puc86 said:

This is pretty sound advice except not that old and probably CTE instead of senility.

It wasn't meant to paint you as that, just to treat you as you would someone like that .... it was the least offensive of the options I ran through.