• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chase Brice Transfer Article

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

30 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

If you don’t think CJS and Brice have at least discussed this on a surface level, I don’t know what to tell ya. 

Cade Fortin officially transferred in a mere 8 days after CJS was named HC. Cade entered the portal all the way back in August. He had multiple P5 offers. You think he was just waiting for that USF offer since August, and then one beautiful morning CJS calls? 

These players and coaches have relationships. They talk off the record, just like you and your co-workers. Don’t be so naive.

There is no talk off the record when it comes to recruiting violations. CJS may have been aware of USF not being an option for Brice but I can almost guarantee it wasn't from a direct conversation with him.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

There is no talk off the record when it comes to recruiting violations. CJS may have been aware of USF not being an option for Brice but I can almost guarantee it wasn't from a direct conversation with him.

I would think an offensive coordinator talking to his qb about the QBs  future would be more of a normal course of business than it would be a recruiting violation. It certainly is more reasonable of a defense than claiming you were handing out fake money to players following the winning of a national championship.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I would think an offensive coordinator talking to his qb about the QBs  future would be more of a normal course of business than it would be a recruiting violation.

Depending on how specific the discussion got and when it took place, before or after taking the USF job ...

Just now, Triple B said:

Depending on how specific the discussion got and when it took place, before or after taking the USF job ...

Let’s assume after and let’s say it got as specific as do you plan on staying a backup of playing somewhere else? What schools are you considering? Have you or are you going to consider any G5 schools? Does it matter to you that you may have the best shot at starting? Seems like a normal discussion for a persons coach to have with them and CJS would have all the info he would need.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Let’s assume after and let’s say it got as specific as do you plan on staying a backup of playing somewhere else? What schools are you considering? Have you or are you going to consider any G5 schools? Does it matter to you that you may have the best shot at starting? Seems like a normal discussion for a persons coach to have with them and CJS would have all the info he would need.

Just my opinion but I don't think he risks having that conversation after he accepted the job here ...

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Just my opinion but I don't think he risks having that conversation after he accepted the job here ...

I’m not sure if he would or would not but I am just saying there is little to no risk, player guidance is part of the expected duties of a college coach and he was still acting in that capacity. I guess there can be some added benefits to coaching on another team, maybe I will have to revisit that stance.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Since this is all speculation anyway, I would imagine that Dabo and CJS were trying to do all they could to get Brice to stay. So, yes, I believe that CJS wouldn't chat with Brice about transferring. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

Not sure if this has been said, but didn't Rhule flat out state that when he left for Baylor he wasn't going to try and poach any Temple guys or Temple recruits? I'm not sure if its common or uncommon for coaches to openly do one or the other. 

And I know he went to combine specifically to vouch for his former Temple players and said that he promised them he'd support them no matter what. 

Edited by JTrue

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Not sure if this has been said, but didn't Rhule flat out state that when he left for Baylor he wasn't going to try and poach any Temple guys or Temple recruits? I'm not sure if its common or uncommon for coaches to openly do one or the other. 

I thought it was a violation to tamper with a student athlete at another school so he shouldn't have been able to poach them, should he? Unsigned recruits are a different story and maybe that's what he talking about, not taking any commits away from Temple ....?

26 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Can he play point guard?

Is that even a requirement for playing point guard?