• Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
Sign in to follow this  
smazza

there is buzz about usf football now

that  feels similar to when leavitt started the program

yes, leavitt deserves a ton of credit for starting the program and taking it as far as he did

Scott will take us to a consistent quality level we havent seen

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, smazza said:

that  feels similar to when leavitt started the program

yes, leavitt deserves a ton of credit for starting the program and taking it as far as he did

Scott will take us to a consistent quality level we havent seen

I just hope he sticks around long enough... I can see next year as being a bit tough but future years will be exceptional...

• Me no likey 1

Gets you excited and hopeful as you watch it start in motion. CJS appears to be a good guy but all about business. I like that his Dad is part of this new group. Be interesting to watch this all unfold. He may be more transparent so the Tampa Bay area gets a look at what's happening with USF football. Could be the start of very good things again, hopefully. 

• Me no likey 1

46 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

I just hope he sticks around long enough... I can see next year as being a bit tough but future years will be exceptional...

He has to prove himself here before the major P5 programs come calling.  I know he had one P5 offer, but it was probably a lower tier P5 team.  He believes this is one of those programs that make the best sense for him to start his HC career.  I agree he doesn't stay forever, but I wouldn't be surprised if he stays longer than people think.  He is not the type to just jump to any P5 program.  It has to be the right situation, and I doubt he gets big time offers until like Year 4, IF we have won big meaning a couple of CC's and a NY6 bowls.  Just my opinion.

• Downvote 1

Feels like the beginning of the CSH, CWT, and CSS error here on TBP. Two out of three ended in disaster. I’ll withhold judgement for now.

8 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Feels like the beginning of the CSH, CWT, and CSS error here on TBP. Two out of three ended in disaster. I’ll withhold judgement for now.

Although he was my first choice this last time, the Old Ball Coach hasn't coached here ...

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

This one feels different to me. There was some enthusiasm for those other guys, but to me this one feels different. Maybe it’s because we’ve fallen so far. I also think a top assistant from arguably the top program in the country feels different than Taggart coming from WKU for example.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

You have to appreciate that was the closest to a nice thing said by Steve about CJL that I have seen in 20 years.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You have to appreciate that was the closest to a nice thing said by Steve about CJL that I have seen in 20 years.

A broken clock is correct twice a day.

18 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

A broken clock is correct twice a day.

That’s a little too much credit

• Haha 1