• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Basketball Debuting New Jerseys this Weekend

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

17 hours ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

Interesting. I don't hate the seaglass green, but for me it is still not "USF Green." This is though.

Screenshot_20200116-194646.png

beyond ridiculous

the school has secret colors

who decides stuff like this? who signs off on it

is this the apparel company's idea?

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

22 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

C'mon man let it out..Dont hold back..How do you really feel about them?? 🤮

Did you notice that the Tampa Bay Vipers uni's are pretty much the same color??  Seems to be going around...

I have 23 years + invested in the GREEN and GOLD and don't really much care what color the Vipers where. I DO care that USF keeps going with this color and I don't like it.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

16 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I have 23 years + invested in the GREEN and GOLD and don't really much care what color the Vipers where. I DO care that USF keeps going with this color and I don't like it.

Well alrighty then..

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

The Athletics Department needs to stop this neon nonsense...we look like a joke. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, smazza said:

beyond ridiculous

the school has secret colors

who decides stuff like this? who signs off on it

is this the apparel company's idea?

I asked someone and they said that usually the head coach and as well as at least an associate AD would have to agree to an alternative uniform. 

He said the school will usually approach the apparel company with a request for an alternative uniform and tell them something like 'show us some mock ups of a black uniform.' He also said that the apparel company may suggest an alternative. It depends on the contract and the relationship.

He estimated that USF paid at least $7.5k on the lime green unis. Which kinda blew my mind since they're only going to be worn in two games. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Basketball Jones said:

I asked someone and they said that usually the head coach and as well as at least an associate AD would have to agree to an alternative uniform. 

He said the school will usually approach the apparel company with a request for an alternative uniform and tell them something like 'show us some mock ups of a black uniform.' He also said that the apparel company may suggest an alternative. It depends on the contract and the relationship.

He estimated that USF paid at least $7.5k on the lime green unis. Which kinda blew my mind since they're only going to be worn in two games. 

Well since the majority of our compensation is in free gear we have to spend it someway. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

4 minutes ago, Basketball Jones said:

Maybe Adidas got stuck with a big shipment of lime green material and figured we were the closest match.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

47 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Maybe Adidas got stuck with a big shipment of lime green material and figured we were the closest match.

Read elsewhere that USF wanted an alternative uniform for use in several games but the athletic department chose to use these for just games against Central Florida.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Basketball Jones said:

$7.5??? Jesus we just chased in our football tv contract for the year...

Guest SittingBull

If either of the Bulls basketball teams gets slimed by the Knights,  Michael Kelly & Joe Hise should be dressed in slime and run out of Tampa!