• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

any jeff scott sightings on campus?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So you are cheering for USF?  To what end?  You want them to lose the AAC games?  If you don't want them to win an AAC championship why are your cheering for USF?  I really, really don't get this.  You hate the conference but the desire to cheer for USF (I assume you are cheering for them to win) would result in one of those championship if you got what you were cheering for.

I think he wants us to beat Texas in week 1, since that's the only game that matters. But, its totally fine if we lose all the rest since those don't count.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 hour ago, Grateful Dad said:

I wouldn't argue with anyone whose immediate goal is to win the conference.  It makes sense.  It just doesn't appeal to me personally.  I don't value the conference and actually hate that we are in it.  But to each his own.

2 things. We're in the conference, we might as well win it. Other than some wins over big names teams, we can't accomplish anything else without winning the conference first. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, Apis Bull said:

2 things. We're in the conference, we might as well win it. Other than some wins over big names teams, we can't accomplish anything else without winning the conference first. 

I can't see how anyone can argue against that.  I'm sure he will but it just doesn't make sense.  I want USF to be #2 in the country but I don't want them to win their crappy conference.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

23 minutes ago, puc86 said:

To cheer for USF, not to champion the conference it’s embarrassing that we are in

And yet new coach walks on water found it important and the thing to strive to for the program 

Slappy Jimbo never won a conference championship because he was not good enough. This guy gets it and will deliver 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Nebraska and Florida are hipster ground zero now in Tampa. You need to get back to town sometime soon.

No thanks...zero interest in doing that. However, I would rather be with crack hoes than the bearded hipsters. Hell I would rather read endless Puc dribble than hang with hipsters. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No thanks...zero interest in doing that. However, I would rather be with crack hoes than the bearded hipsters. Hell I would rather read endless Puc dribble than hang with hipsters. 

Hipsters brought me an 1980s arcade with a dynamite craft brew selection. Not to mention, Soul Food Sunday.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

12 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So you are cheering for USF?  To what end?  You want them to lose the AAC games?  If you don't want them to win an AAC championship why are your cheering for USF?  I really, really don't get this.  You hate the conference but the desire to cheer for USF (I assume you are cheering for them to win) would result in one of those championship if you got what you were cheering for.

I am cheering for us the win every single game because winning games are good in and of themselves. If we win all of our games we get respect and rankings which are also good in and of themselves. If we win all of our games we also win an AAC championship (throw this away for all I care as it is just a means to an end) which if we are ranked higher than the rest of the G5 we get to go to a major bowl which is also a good in and of itself. If we win the AAC and play In Birmingham which we could have done by going 9-3 and not winning the conference I do not see a difference and I am not particularly thrilled by the outcome. The AAC championship is a byproduct of good things and can be a means to other good things but by itself is not something I value really at all.

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

And if Puc is a hipster?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Question 

If you are in a sucky conference, but cannot win that sucky conference, what does that say about your team? 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

25 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

23 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I can't see how anyone can argue against that.  I'm sure he will but it just doesn't make sense.  I want USF to be #2 in the country but I don't want them to win their crappy conference.

I’m not going to be mad if we win by any stretch of the imagination (although if they put our name permanently on something it maybe embarrassing in the future) I just pine for it or find it particularly thrilling on its own.

10 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Question 

If you are in a sucky conference, but cannot win that sucky conference, what does that say about your team? 

That you can’t play with **** without getting some on you and that the decade following the firing of CJL was a complete and total waste that set our program back over and over like Groundhog Day.

Edited by puc86

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

25 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Nebraska and Florida are hipster ground zero now in Tampa. You need to get back to town sometime soon.

Not down around Fowler or Fletcher Aves