• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is it too late to trade for Steve Ensminger?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Grateful Dad said:

So many strawmen, so few matches.

We seem to be considering opposing viewpoints ( in many threads) and taking them to where they didn't go.  Then, we righteously joust with them knowing truth and justice are on our side.

To generalize the opinions of a small fraction of fans to a greater number gives one the opportunity to argue against basically no one.  Easy victory.

A couple of posters (including myself) wanted to give KB a trial run.  This seems stupid if you don't think about it.  We were speculating that we could not afford any better option.  Financially hamstrung (we believed).  To characterize "many" posters to be "in love" with KB is to create just such an argument.  It was an option.  I personally don't believe that KB was given any kind of situation where he could show what he has.  That doesn't make me a fan of his.  I am not in love with the guy or even know whether he could do well or not.  I don't know squat about him, anyway.

The CJL thing - we have fun with it.  I miss those days.  The man will always be special to me and to the university.  I'd love to have him back...for about three years.  His gameday skills wouldn't take us to the next level.  But he would have put seats in the stands and excitement back.  That kind of realistic admiration is the reason, NEB, that some of us CJL disciples have been quiet since the CJS hire (you were wondering where we all were).  I am really looking forward to where this coach will take us.  But it doesn't affect my fondness for CJL.

It's a message board and the interactions between posters is very interesting (Psych major).

Don't worry if anyone tries to subside on their CJL posts I make it a point to triple my posting and I will continue to do so until someone makes it past the plateau and gives us the continued success we were promised a new coach would bring. Thus far we are five coaches and a decade into this horrible decision and we have yet to even come close to the plateau again. As for KB the daily stampede and their readership ( I too am shocked that people read it) were more than just presenting him as a cheap option they were trying to sell it as a good option which is a complete and utter joke. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

That certainly could be the case with the Daily Stampede.  I don't go there.  And I am trying not to get my hopes up yet again, but this may be the coach that does it for you.  I'm just not sure that this board can take both the revised Smazza and a revised Puc at the same time. 😄

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,458
  • Days Won:  422

Reality in all this nonsense is, like with a lot of subjects, you've got opinions on opposite ends of the spectrum that over dramatize. Him staying at Clemson was of minimal value to USF and him staying at Clemson was of minimal detriment to USF, if anybody's been following the goings on here have been paying attention. Bottom line, if he wanted to stay for the playoff run (which is a common occurrence), the right thing to do was to let him. People treating it like some affront to USF are just examples of that skinned portion of our fanbase ...

• Upvote 2

Just now, Grateful Dad said:

That certainly could be the case with the Daily Stampede.  I don't go there.  And I am trying not to get my hopes up yet again, but this may be the coach that does it for you.  I'm just not sure that this board can take both the revised Smazza and a revised Puc at the same time. 😄

I really hope you are right, it is past time

Just now, Triple B said:

Reality in all this nonsense is, like with a lot of subjects, you've got opinions on opposite ends of the spectrum that over dramatize. Him staying at Clemson was of minimal value to USF and him staying at Clemson was of minimal detriment to USF, if anybody's been following the goings on here have been paying attention. Bottom line, if he wanted to stay for the playoff run (which is a common occurrence), the right thing to do was to let him. People treating it like some affront to USF are just examples of that skinned portion of our fanbase ...

The problem is people going around saying how great it is, all of the tangible benefits it will bring us, starting up Orange and Purple game day chants and questioning USF fan loyalty for people that do not buy in completely to their nonsense. It is not unreasonable to believe we would have been better served by a clean break and a full time coach and while it may have been a necessary component to the contract and getting "our guy" that does not mean we have to celebrate our concession and pretend it was somehow beneficial to us because it was not in any tangible or measurable way. 

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

well said tb

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I really hope you are right, it is past time

The problem is people going around saying how great it is, all of the tangible benefits it will bring us, starting up Orange and Purple game day chants and questioning USF fan loyalty for people that do not buy in completely to their nonsense. It is not unreasonable to believe we would have been better served by a clean break and a full time coach and while it may have been a necessary component to the contract and getting "our guy" that does not mean we have to celebrate our concession and pretend it was somehow beneficial to us because it was not in any tangible or measurable way. 

you realize you say the same thing over and over and over

Just now, smazza said:

well said tb

you realize you say the same thing over and over and over

you feel

your          61,566 posts 

have been fresh takes (?)*

*I could not in good conscience leave off a question mark.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The problem is people going around saying how great it is, all of the tangible benefits it will bring us, starting up Orange and Purple game day chants and questioning USF fan loyalty for people that do not buy in completely to their nonsense.

As opposed to you calling people who disagree “football globalists” who don’t have a “USF first agenda”?

Hypocrisy, thy name is Puc.

1 minute ago, OnTheBus said:

As opposed to you calling people who disagree “football globalists” who don’t have a “USF first agenda”?

Yes if you think good things happening to other programs is somehow of value to us and do not prioritize USF and it’s objectives and improvement those are completely accurate descriptions. Good things happening to us and bad things happening to everyone but us are the only things that benefit USF, it really is that simple and every other take is absurd.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

18 minutes ago, OnTheBus said:

well said

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

29 minutes ago, puc86 said:

you feel

your          61,566 posts 

have been fresh takes (?)*

*I could not in good conscience leave off a question mark.

You are just jealous of his 61K + posts and are trying to catch him in 2020 by posting the same thing numerous times in numerous posts. You can take a topic on MBB and make it about CJL or KB.  And then post the same basic thing 40 times in that topic.  

Whereas Smazza would take 8 posts to post an 8 word sentence back when he had less Brazilian women to concern himself with.