Jump to content
  • Join Today

    Join today and reduce ads presented

  • Members do not see this ad, Register today
puc86

Is it too late to trade for Steve Ensminger?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The part where he wasn't putting USF first but people were deluding themselves that it was some how good for USF and should be cheered on. We got zero mentions during his run and he gained no additionally championships from it so I fail to see how it benefited us. The funny thing is people here are still trying to convince themselves that he was doing just as much or as good of a job splitting time even though it is quite evident to Clemson fans that it was too much commitment for one person to have.

When did Scott decide to not put USF first? Because he had an opportunity to win a National Championship?

Since when do we hire coaches based on expectations for mentions during a National Championship game? If that’s the metric, didn’t every school hiring a new coach fail this cycle?

Remember when Lane Kiffin was fried as Bama OC and they lost the National Championship? Is it that hard to see that winning or losing that game is much larger than a single coordinator?

Do you judge the success of a USF head coach based on their first month of the job?

Are you drunk?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OnTheBus said:

When did Scott decide to not put USF first? Because he had an opportunity to win a National Championship?

Since when do we hire coaches based on expectations for mentions during a National Championship game? If that’s the metric, didn’t every school hiring a new coach fail this cycle?

Remember when Lane Kiffin was fried as Bama OC and they lost the National Championship? Is it that hard to see that winning or losing that game is much larger than a single coordinator?

Do you judge the success of a USF head coach based on their first month of the job?

Are you drunk?

I just don’t care for being our head coach to be a part time job and I do not understand people that require Usf fans to cheer for Clemson because of it. I get why CJS thought it was in his best interest and I get why Clemson thought it was in there best interest but I can’t pretend something that was clearly not beneficial to us some how was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The part where he wasn't putting USF first but people were deluding themselves that it was some how good for USF and should be cheered on. We got zero mentions during his run and he gained no additionally championships from it so I fail to see how it benefited us. The funny thing is people here are still trying to convince themselves that he was doing just as much or as good of a job splitting time even though it is quite evident to Clemson fans that it was too much commitment for one person to have.

It over...move on...or better yet get back to your circle jerk with “I can’t get a HC job” Leavitt. I am starting to think Smazza is right. Your credentials as a USF fan can start to be questioned...or at the very least your opinion is very childlike...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I just don’t care for being our head coach to be a part time job and I do not understand people that require Usf fans to cheer for Clemson because of it. I get why CJS thought it was in his best interest and I get why Clemson thought it was in there best interest but I can’t pretend something that was clearly not beneficial to us some how was.

Is it still a “part time job”?

You don’t think hiring a Florida born 2x championship coordinator is “beneficial to us”?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And also Puc, how would have been any different with steve ensminger? He too would have stuck with LSU through the National Championship.

Edited by OnTheBus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It could legit be argued that puc is a CJL fan ahead of his allegiance to USF.  Will I make a strong case for it?  No ... but there's enough evidence to at least mention it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

It could legit be argued that puc is a CJL fan ahead of his allegiance to USF.  Will I make a strong case for it?  No ... but there's enough evidence to at least mention it.

Which is pretty moronic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I just don’t care for being our head coach to be a part time job and I do not understand people that require Usf fans to cheer for Clemson because of it. I get why CJS thought it was in his best interest and I get why Clemson thought it was in there best interest but I can’t pretend something that was clearly not beneficial to us some how was.

I think you are straining at a gnat.  Instead of claiming that our soon-to-be was not doing beneficial stuff (which I don't know as truth) for his NEXT JOB, please show me tangible damage that his coaching with integrity has caused us.

Neither side is measurable or soon known.  So, it is basically an opinion that can't be measured.  I can tolerate someone who believes in finishing out his obligations before starting his next job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OnTheBus said:

Is it still a “part time job”?

You don’t think hiring a Florida born 2x championship coordinator is “beneficial to us”?

No it is not still a part time job, yes I think this is probably one of the better hires we could make out of those available to us, yes I can accept that this may have been a necessary evil to get the deal done but I can’t pretend it was somehow beneficial to us and I have to celebrate it and cheer it on. I don’t think that’s particularly unreasonable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, puc86 said:

No it is not still a part time job, yes I think this is probably one of the better hires we could make out of those available to us, yes I can accept that this may have been a necessary evil to get the deal done but I can’t pretend it was somehow beneficial to us and I have to celebrate it and cheer it on. I don’t think that’s particularly unreasonable. 

Well it’s all over now, so the good news is that you can move on with your life.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Members do not see this ad, Register today


×
×
  • Create New...