• Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
brybull1970

MBB: Late Game Mismanagement

Ahh yes, when you can’t get it done blame the refs...

11 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Ahh yes, when you can’t get it done blame the refs...

At least he didn't pull an xCCS and blame the unis

23 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I like to fancy ourselves a destination program

I like to fancy myself as a millionaire playboy, but ......

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I like to fancy myself as a millionaire playboy, but ......

You should put it on your vision board if you have time to wait if not just take enough drugs and drink until you believe it.

12 hours ago, chapelbull said:

I didn't see the play.  But I watched the last couple of minutes of 2OT between Dayton and St Louis the other night.  On 3 straight possessions the guard drove to the basket, got bumped, fell down, and threw up an ugly prayer.  Foul called each time.  We don't seem to get that call at the end of games

12 hours ago, puc86 said:

Maybe the refs have to see video of you actually ever making one before they will call it

Puc, if you were talking about making a FT, maybe the refs were trying to spare him the embarrassment.  

Just now, CousinRicky said:

Puc, if you were talking about making a FT, maybe the refs were trying to spare him the embarrassment.  

I meant that we never actually make a shot driving to the basket at the end of the game but elsewhere I also hypothesized that they feel it’s just wasting time and drawing out the game because we will miss the free throws anyway. This just isn’t our year, I expect we will be improved next season.

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I meant that we never actually make a shot driving to the basket at the end of the game but elsewhere I also hypothesized that they feel it’s just wasting time and drawing out the game because we will miss the free throws anyway. This just isn’t our year, I expect we will be improved next season.

We should be improved next year, but in 7 of our last 8 games we have led or been tied with 2:02 remaining, and we have lost 5 of those games.

This team could be 11-7 or better if it could score late in games.

Just now, brybull1970 said:

We should be improved next year, but in 7 of our last 8 games we have led or been tied with 2:02 remaining, and we have lost 5 of those games.

This team could be 11-7 or better if it could score late in games.

With some resume wins to boot.

Just now, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

With some resume wins to boot.

Exactly - in that 11-7 I assumed winning only one of those games between USU and FSU, and 2 of the 3 against Memphis, ECU and UCF.

This could have been an NIT team this year but it seems like everyone is playing the victim with Yetna getting hurt.

7 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Exactly - in that 11-7 I assumed winning only one of those games between USU and FSU, and 2 of the 3 against Memphis, ECU and UCF.

This could have been an NIT team this year but it seems like everyone is playing the victim with Yetna getting hurt.

There’s still time for them to figure it out and salvage a respectable season, but I certainly don’t expect anything better than .500 this year. They’re not a bad team and they’re on the cusp of being a good team, they just need to fix a couple fatal flaws (though I don’t think the FT shooting is getting fixed). Id like to see them incorporate the mid range game... Mack and Williams can both knock down those shots and help neutralize the zone, though Mack has shown he can be a liability on defense and is often out of position or makes the wrong read. I’m sure he’ll get better with more experience. At this point, I wouldn’t mind seeing Williams getting more of JBs minutes.

Personally, I’m tired of watching the ball move along the perimeter for 25 seconds only to get a low percentage shot. Good things happen when they feed Durr, but they need a plan B once that gets taken away. During the last time out last night, I turned to my wife and asked her what do you think the conversation in that huddle is right now? Her reply: “Give the ball to DC or Q and watch them drive to the hoop. Don’t worry about the rebound, Yetna will get it when he’s healthy.” I think that pretty much sums up our offensive game plan this year.