• Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
brybull1970

MBB: Late Game Mismanagement

7 minutes ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

He makes a good point:

We never get that call

Haven't had chance to watch game, probably won't now, but if that's the way it ended, can't imagine CBG's frustration .......... and can he get in trouble for the comments?

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Maybe the refs have to see video of you actually ever making one before they will call it

I guess they could open their eyes

Just now, chapelbull said:

I guess they could open their eyes

Idk I just doubt anyone is out to get us so there has to be something we are doing differently that leads to us never getting the call

5 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I didn't see the play.  But I watched the last couple of minutes of 2OT between Dayton and St Louis the other night.  On 3 straight possessions the guard drove to the basket, got bumped, fell down, and threw up an ugly prayer.  Foul called each time.  We don't seem to get that call at the end of games

DC did get some calls late in the memphis game, one just like those you described, but not sure how late that one was, though ....

17 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Well it appeared we didn't drive to the hoop with DC this game down the stretch.  Just chucked it up from the 3 point line

Even though it didn;t work out, I'm glad we mixed it up a bit.

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I didn't see the play.  But I watched the last couple of minutes of 2OT between Dayton and St Louis the other night.  On 3 straight possessions the guard drove to the basket, got bumped, fell down, and threw up an ugly prayer.  Foul called each time.  We don't seem to get that call at the end of games

It wasn’t just that call, it’s the egregious call on the other end on top of it that Gregory mistakingly factored into his calculus. I was sitting on the far end behind the basket where the foul was called on Q (after we got the board) with their guy falling to the ground and and chucking up a prayer. There wasn’t a whole lot there, but I can’t say the same on the other end.

But, I also question going ISO to a 50% free throw shooter for the tie or win. I think at this point it’s safe to say we don’t have anything else.

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Haven't had chance to watch game, probably won't now, but if that's the way it ended, can't imagine CBG's frustration .......... and can he get in trouble for the comments?

He probably will. Not sure what the NCAA rules are, but that’s an NBA fine right there.

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Idk I just doubt anyone is out to get us so there has to be something we are doing differently that leads to us never getting the call

I wasn't implying anyone out to get anyone

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

DC did get some calls late in the memphis game, one just like those you described, but not sure how late that one was, though ....

Definitely.   I just thought it was kind of funny to watch two pretty good teams do the same thing that I am told is horrible coaching at the end of the game and on top of that watching those teams get calls and go to the line.   It wasn't as funny to watch them nail all 6 Ft's while we would be lucky to get 3 of 6 .... sigh

Edited by chapelbull

Just now, chapelbull said:

I wasn't implying anyone out to get anyone

I am sorry if I misrepresented that. I just think if the refs are always seeing what we are doing differently it may not be that they aren’t seeing what’s happening it maybe that they are and we are doing something wrong and differently than everyone else.