• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs Memphis Game Discussion

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

Great atmosphere today even with about 1/3 wearing blue.  Got a taste of what it was like 20-25 years ago.  When we had our biggest lead, I turned to my son and said  things will start going south with 7-8 minutes left in the game.  We've all been to this movie many times this year and never liked the ending.  Man, it's tough to be a Bulls fan.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  472
  • Days Won:  0

I know I'll get ripped for this but 3 years ago I wasn't sure we would even have a team . The fact that we are playing top 25 teams tough with top contributors out , I'll hold my critique . We have a way to go but we have the coach to get us there. All hail CBG !

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,831
  • Days Won:  67

6 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

This team just doesnt have it this year to beat the good teams.  The ECU losscwas really a kick in the balls for any hopes for a decent conference record it seems.  For the love of god, please at least beat UCF.

At least they brought their game down to our level, I like our chances to beat them in the epic battle of the cellar dwellers,  war on I4 is closer to a tickle fight. Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Days Won:  56

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

Dawson had 15 point and ZERO fouls and he only got 2 shots the last 10 minutes of the game (he was the only one to make a basket over the last 13:14 of the game).

Gregory consistently gets away from what gets his teams leads against quality opponents, and for some unexplainable reason only has one play in the last 5 minutes of games - having Collins, who has the worst assist-to-turnover ration of anyone on the team, create offense.

Even if you think that's the right move, it's predictable and I am sure oposong coaches who are getting paid know what's coming.

It is definitely confusing why they seem to abandon everything else and just lean on DC. Time for that to end and just take what’s given. It might work if DC wasn’t quite so selfish during those times and made things happen for others, but he just puts his head down or launches from deep. It’s not an unusual tactic. We’ve done it in years past with guys like DoJo, Dobras, Atkins, etc., but they weren’t quite so selfish with the ball when nothing was there.

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Days Won:  56

You have to wonder if CBG would change his approach down the stretch if Rideau wasn’t a 40% free throw shooter.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

3 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

It is definitely confusing why they seem to abandon everything else and just lean on DC. Time for that to end and just take what’s given. It might work if DC wasn’t quite so selfish during those times and made things happen for others, but he just puts his head down or launches from deep. It’s not an unusual tactic. We’ve done it in years past with guys like DoJo, Dobras, Atkins, etc., but they weren’t quite so selfish with the ball when nothing was there.

They were much better overall players.   CBG is doing what he can with what we have.  I don't think DC is a very good ball handler and Rideau does a poor job in the half court offense.   Maybe Dawson can be that guy????

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

You have to wonder if CBG would change his approach down the stretch if Rideau wasn’t a 40% free throw shooter.

That and he seems to do the same kind of things that DC does.   He shot 1-9 today for crying out loud

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Great atmosphere today even with about 1/3 wearing blue.  Got a taste of what it was like 20-25 years ago.  When we had our biggest lead, I turned to my son and said  things will start going south with 7-8 minutes left in the game.  We've all been to this movie many times this year and never liked the ending.  Man, it's tough to be a Bulls fan.

5 minutes ago, gullibull said:

I know I'll get ripped for this but 3 years ago I wasn't sure we would even have a team . The fact that we are playing top 25 teams tough with top contributors out , I'll hold my critique . We have a way to go but we have the coach to get us there. All hail CBG !

We are definitely building something here. Went with my son and had a blast. Stopped by the bookstore to do some shopping and realized that 1) campus is way nicer than it was 20 years ago and 2) if I had a 9 year old mini me while I was in college, I would have had a super easy in with the cute girls.

The atmosphere was great, almost what it used to be and night and day compared to the last almost decade. I take solace in the fact that, conservatively, we have 20 and 10 sitting on the end of the bench in street clothes. In the meantime, we need to get the ball to Durr in the post more often. He’s finally playing like he’s 7’ tall, and keeps getting better on both ends. There were a few times where Collins and Rideau just refused to make the entry pass when it was clearly there, although there were a couple of dimes. We just need an option to go to in crunch time instead of driving into 3 defenders.

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
12 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

At least they brought their game down to our level, I like our chances to beat them in the epic battle of the cellar dwellers,  war on I4 is closer to a tickle fight. Go Bulls!

Yes true.  But its a tickle fight we need to win to start turning the table on those dickheads.  

Meanwhile our team is so **** inconsistent.  We can win or lose to any team on this schedule, good or bad.  Very frustrating after the excitement of last year.  

Feels like we are underachieving even with the loss of Yetna.  I blame the players more not executing than CBG.  But CBG has to take a little blame.  Maybe he is not always putting them in the right positions late in games.

I know there are better years ahead but this season is kind of a cluster-f___!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

7 minutes ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

We just need an option to go to in crunch time instead of driving into 3 defenders.

If we're driving into 3 defenders, 2 of our players are open. The decision making in the half court, and execution on both ends, is what's killing us late in games against teams that have no problem making us pay dearly ...

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,459
  • Days Won:  422

10 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

The line is currently Memphis -4. POUND MEMPHIS!

How the **** do they do **** like this?? And not being a serious betting man, what happens with a push .....?