• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OT: Sterlin Gilbert

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 hours ago, usf97 said:

Any argument regarding promoting KB started with the assumption that CCS had USF over a barrel and that we were stuck with this regime for 1 or 2 more seasons. 

Zero fans here wanted KB as a HC versus the field. But there were many that would take KB, Gilbert, a first down marker, the pirate ship as HC over Charlie Strong. 

Maybe that’s what they meant but it came out a lot more like “he is a great revolutionary offensive coach that has been successful everywhere he has gone but he always struggles at first and CCS had held him back, we need to keep him because he will be successful somewhere and we will regret it”.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Maybe that’s what they meant but it came out a lot more like “he is a great revolutionary offensive coach that has been successful everywhere he has gone but he always struggles at first and CCS had held him back, we need to keep him because he will be successful somewhere and we will regret it”.

Yeah, that was like 1 dude 

Just now, chapelbull said:

Yeah, that was like 1 dude 

I counted several( including every clown at the daily stampede and those that unfortunately think they have anything of value to say) and it was so outlandish that it is hard to forget.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I counted several( including every clown at the daily stampede and those that unfortunately think they have anything of value to say) and it was so outlandish that it is hard to forget.

I don't do the daily stampede ..... 

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I don't do the daily stampede ..... 

I don’t blame you...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Bull Nut said:

I'm sure it did at the FCS level.

Perhaps Gilbert had better players to work with at McNeese than he did at South Florida?   I'd say that odds are about 53 to 21 that he did  ;)

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740

I can't fathom how there has been 9 pages of discussion about a topic that is very simple:

Sterlin Gilbert invented new ways to waste homegrown talent.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649

8 hours ago, OnTheBus said:

I can't fathom how there has been 9 pages of discussion about a topic that is very simple:

Sterlin Gilbert invented new ways to waste homegrown talent.

The Home Grown Talent that had been cherry picked by legit P5 schools went elsewhere . Slick Willie sold you fool's gold on #Baymade. There were a few decent players here and there, but the bulk of the players were division 2 talent. Just look at the mess he left at FSU. Charlie was an idiot for not hitting the portal earlier for OL help. Was even more dumb for playing homegrown McCloud and Roberts. Then he got what he deserved. The new coach is being helped out by KJ Sails who is recruiting real talent from other schools to this dumpster fire. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

14 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

The Home Grown Talent that had been cherry picked by legit P5 schools went elsewhere . Slick Willie sold you fool's gold on #Baymade. There were a few decent players here and there, but the bulk of the players were division 2 talent. Just look at the mess he left at FSU. Charlie was an idiot for not hitting the portal earlier for OL help. Was even more dumb for playing homegrown McCloud and Roberts. Then he got what he deserved. The new coach is being helped out by KJ Sails who is recruiting real talent from other schools to this dumpster fire. 

Are we going to have to wait for CCS to get another job before you keep your promise?  Thought you were gone from here.

Edited by CousinRicky
  • Haha 2

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

12 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Not at all. Both root canal and colonsocopy can have positive outcomes. My colonoscopy saved me a lot of grief, if not mylife. G & B don't.

root canal is much worse