• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We have a new volleyball coach

Guest Jonesy Bull
42 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Highlights from the gousfbulls.com article ...

Shepardson, a Tampa native, returns to USF 18 years after helping lead the Bulls volleyball program to its last conference championship and NCAA tournament appearance as a student-athlete in 2002.

Shepardson comes to USF with nine years of head coaching experience at the collegiate level, most recently guiding San Jose State for six seasons and prior to that Cal State Bakersfield for three. Both programs saw dramatic improvement under Shepardson's leadership. SJSU went from 253 in the RPI prior to her arrival to 130 and posted the first back-to-back winning seasons in 17 years, while Bakersfield went from a winless season and 300 RPI to a program record 21 wins and 133 RPI.

She returns to the Bay area, where she earned Gatorade Player of the Year honors as a senior at Tampa Prep and went on to help lead the University of Tampa to the Division II National Championship match before playing her final two seasons of collegiate volleyball at USF.

Thanks for the 411.

Sounds like a perfect hire for this program.  She has history of turning around bad programs.  She is a USF and Tampa girl.  She will put her heart and soul into this.

Sounds like a really good hire!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

Plus she took over rebuilds so her overall hc record not very impressive .....

Yeah those records really matter unless you're talking about in-conference records ... Those are no big deal.

Guest Jonesy Bull
7 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

Yeah those records really matter unless you're talking about in-conference records ... Those are no big deal.

I get what Triple is sayng.  If you are taking over programs that are in the toilet, then the overall record is not as important.  You have to look at the entire body of work.  You can show improvement and trending upward but still not have a fantastic overall win percentage.  Its a process, it takes time.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

17 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I get what Triple is sayng.  If you are taking over programs that are in the toilet, then the overall record is not as important.  You have to look at the entire body of work.  You can show improvement and trending upward but still not have a fantastic overall win percentage.  Its a process, it takes time.

All true.  Certain thick-headed people don't get it, or choose not to.  *cough* puc *cough*

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

19 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

All true.  Certain thick-headed people don't get it, or choose not to.  *cough* puc *cough*

Oh you mean realists 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Oh you mean realists 

It's funny, optimists know that they're optimists, but pessimists always insist that they are realists.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

43 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

It's funny, optimists know that they're optimists, but pessimists always insist that they are realists.

It’s funny because they both are right 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

We are. And cynics see things correctly. See my quote from the other GBS.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

It's nice when an alum can come back to coach, wish her a lot of good luck. Her comment in the article on the Athletics page did it for me..." My Heart Beats With Pride For USF". Now that's a cool comment/sentiment. BUT, there is one problem......

She will now be CJS. However, we already have a CJS. This is a quandary for sure... If a situation arises where CJS is at a football game coached by CJS or... CJS is at a volleyball game coached by CJS...I guess we will have to refer to these 2 coaches as CJSV and CJSF.. Confusing times at old USF...

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, BulledOver said:

It's nice when an alum can come back to coach, wish her a lot of good luck. Her comment in the article on the Athletics page did it for me..." My Heart Beats With Pride For USF". Now that's a cool comment/sentiment. BUT, there is one problem......

She will now be CJS. However, we already have a CJS. This is a quandary for sure... If a situation arises where CJS is at a football game coached by CJS or... CJS is at a volleyball game coached by CJS...I guess we will have to refer to these 2 coaches as CJSV and CJSF.. Confusing times at old USF...

Scott is pretty easy to just spell out