• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Today Marks the 10 year Anniversary...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

13 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

CWT had a losing record here, never won a championship, and never won a bowl game here. How is that a success?

Come on, equating Willie's time here to the other two is a joke ...... and if those are your three ingredients for success, you realize that CCS and CJL check the same two boxes, right?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,248
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Come on, equating Willie's time here to the other two is a joke ...... and if those are your three ingredients for success, you realize that CCS and CJL check the same two boxes, right?

Really CCS had less wins per season average, lower win percentage, and lost to UCF 3 straight times. 

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw

Just now, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Really CCS had less wins per season average, lower win percentage, and lost to UCF 3 straight times. 

Moving that bar, staying away from championships ..... smart move.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

I think it was NewEnglandBull who said it in another thread, but it is clear these Leavitt disciples are secretly rooting for Jeff Scott to fail, so they can say "I told you so" and start up another round of crying and whining about wanting mediocre Leavitt.  If that is the case, I really wish they would just turn their allegiances south to Boca Raton.  I honestly think they would be much happier and stress free cheering for the Owls.

• Upvote 1

I am not secretly rooting for CJS. I want him to succeed, but he has yet to prove anything. If CJS is more successful that would be great, but he has yet to win a game here.  He has to be here at least 13 seasons and win 97 games. That is setting the bar pretty **** high. HE has  a lot to prove to be our best coach.

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Moving that bar, staying away from championships ..... smart move.

CCS got zero championships in an easier conference that even makes him worse.

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw

5 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

I think it was NewEnglandBull who said it in another thread, but it is clear these Leavitt disciples are secretly rooting for Jeff Scott to fail, so they can say "I told you so" and start up another round of crying and whining about wanting mediocre Leavitt.  If that is the case, I really wish they would just turn their allegiances south to Boca Raton.  I honestly think they would be much happier and stress free cheering for the Owls.

Honestly, I don't think they're rooting for CJS to fail ......... pretty sure, anyway ..... but the efforts to minimize ANYTHING done post CJL is a freaking joke.

13 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

CCS got zero championships in an easier conference that even makes him worse.

They both got 0 championships in the 6th best football conference. What's ironic is they both got the closest in their first year of conference play and never sniffed one again. At least CWT got closest in his last season, which shows he may have building towards something ....

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

20 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Yep

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

They both got 0 championships in the 6th best football conference. What's ironic is they both got the closest in their first year of conference play and never sniffed one again. At least CWT got closest in his last season, which shows he may have building towards something ....

So you think CWT is a better coach for USF than CJL. Please give me your evidence.  CWT was so bad he had to hire CJL to try to save his job at FSU.  CWT has a losing record and has not won a bowl game ever. CWT did less with more, while CJL did more with less. I want USF to be successful no matter who our coach is, but besides CJL we have not sustained any lasting success. CWT has 2 winning seasons and 2 losing seasons..  CJL has 10 winning seasons and 3 losing seasons. CJL is 3-2 in bowls.  CWT is not dumb and hired CJL to run his defense and make him look good at FAU. They both like each other but to think CWT was better than CJL at USF is delusional.

GO BULLS and I hope CJS turns this downfall around. 

image.png.7cb4b2d41b1c4ba31ea07f21513fb709.png

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

You will never have a coach experience the same success as CJL because you only start up a football program once .... normally .... and Jim did a superb job of doing that and no one will ever get a chance to duplicate it .... and that muddies the waters when his mediocre conference results are brought up.

He did exactly what he should have done with a lower level UCF and beat them every time we played. Pretty doubtful, though, that he was influential enough to stop them joining our conference as it played out. I realize, though, in some fans' Fantasy Land wet dreams they think we'd still be beating UCF every single time now if he was here but reality is these things go in cycles and once we were both on the same level, would have been only a matter of time before things swung their way for awhile.

And lumping CWT as a failure along with the other two is just a matter of jilted lover syndrome.

Getting a little salty today. I like it.