• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Today Marks the 10 year Anniversary...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

33 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

The fan base was intact, excited, and looking forward to the future.  No, he wasn't a great game caller.  But, you can get those.  We may have had better game-day coaches, but we have never energized the base since CJL left.

And how much of that would have been true if he had had those great ooc wins but **** the bed in CUSA instead of a BCS conference...... The BE was a far greater energizer to the overall fan base than CJL.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,253
  • Days Won:  25

35 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

He was very good at getting the team up for the big game.  

I appreciate all that he did for program and hope we name our stadium after him but I've moved on.

100% behind Scott now

I hope one day CJS can win a conference championship, win 100 games here, and increase his win percentage after five seasons to more than the legend of USF CJL. Until then he is second fiddle and just a hype machine. Everyone talked about how great of a hire Chuckles was and that ended miserably. Talk is talk, and if you can't back it up then you are in the boat with all the other coaches here that can't measure up to CJL. I would love for CJS to bring us back and take us even higher, but until/if it happens is just all talk.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Ahhh I knew that circle jerk would eventually get going...well done boys, well done...

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

37 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

We don't need a program builder we need someone who can actually win the conference and Leavitt is not that guy. But if you long for Jimmy, I am sure there is still room on the FAU bandwagon, you should go check it out.

Thank you...

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Thank you...

Not on the FAU bandwagon, but we never had a coach experience near the same  success  as CJL . I would love if CJS was that guy, but for right not he is 0-0 and as a long way to go. Two losing seasons in 13 years while building a program from ground zero. He is undefeated against UCF and would not let them gain any ground on us. In fact he did everything right to separate us from them.  I just don't see how any USF fan think of the three failures here at USF are remotely close to CJL. 

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

38 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Not on the FAU bandwagon, but we never had a coach experience near the same  success  as CJL . I would love if CJS was that guy, but for right not he is 0-0 and as a long way to go. Two losing seasons in 13 years while building a program from ground zero. He is undefeated against UCF and would not let them gain any ground on us. In fact he did everything right to separate us from them.  I just don't see how any USF fan think of the three failures here at USF are remotely close to CJL. 

You will never have a coach experience the same success as CJL because you only start up a football program once .... normally .... and Jim did a superb job of doing that and no one will ever get a chance to duplicate it .... and that muddies the waters when his mediocre conference results are brought up.

He did exactly what he should have done with a lower level UCF and beat them every time we played. Pretty doubtful, though, that he was influential enough to stop them joining our conference as it played out. I realize, though, in some fans' Fantasy Land wet dreams they think we'd still be beating UCF every single time now if he was here but reality is these things go in cycles and once we were both on the same level, would have been only a matter of time before things swung their way for awhile.

And lumping CWT as a failure along with the other two is just a matter of jilted lover syndrome.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

I hope one day CJS can win a conference championship, win 100 games here, and increase his win percentage after five seasons to more than the legend of USF CJL. Until then he is second fiddle and just a hype machine. Everyone talked about how great of a hire Chuckles was and that ended miserably. Talk is talk, and if you can't back it up then you are in the boat with all the other coaches here that can't measure up to CJL. I would love for CJS to bring us back and take us even higher, but until/if it happens is just all talk.  

No way I was never hyped and many weren't about Chuckles.  I saw that train wreck coming 

38 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You will never have a coach experience the same success as CJL because you only start up a football program once .... normally .... and Jim did a superb job of doing that and no one will ever get a chance to duplicate it .... and that muddies the waters when his mediocre conference results are brought up.

He did exactly what he should have done with a lower level UCF and beat them every time we played. Pretty doubtful, though, that he was influential enough to stop them joining our conference as it played out. I realize, though, in some fans' Fantasy Land wet dreams they think we'd still be beating UCF every single time now if he was here but reality is these things go in cycles and once we were both on the same level, would have been only a matter of time before things swung their way for awhile.

And lumping CWT as a failure along with the other two is just a matter of jilted lover syndrome.

CWT had a losing record here, never won a championship, and never won a bowl game here. How is that a success?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, TheGreatOutlaw said:

CWT had a losing record here, never won a championship, and never won a bowl game here. How is that a success?

Because it’s about as well as he has done anywhere he has ever been

CWT had advantages that CJL never dreamed of. His program was recognized on a national stage before he was here, he had inferior competition to the Big East, and still couldn't fetch a winning record overall or win a bowl game. Who is CWT biggest win against ? How was the attendance?  I don't think we ever sold out one game with him here....