• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Today Marks the 10 year Anniversary...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,241
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, USFRaider said:

And yet Leavitt can't even get hired as the head coach at FAU.  I wonder why that is?  #mediocrity

#falseallegationsanssmearcampaignsbypeoplethatwronglythoughtwecoulddobetteranddidnthavetheballstoputtheirplaninactiononhonestly

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  6

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

#falseallegationsanssmearcampaignsbypeoplethatwronglythoughtwecoulddobetteranddidnthavetheballstoputtheirplaninactiononhonestly

Uh huh, and the fact that he is just not a very good head coach.

2 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

Uh huh, and the fact that he is just not a very good head coach.

By every single other measure he is far better than most head coaches and there tends to be little disagreement in the world on this. The person most would argue is our second best coach seems to like hiring him and he has been rather successful in anything he has done, he has a black eye that we gave him for no good reason and while he has suffered from it we have suffered far greater. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  571
  • Days Won:  0

long live The Jim. what am I still doing lurking this god forsaken place a decade later? thanks for reminder OP

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

By every single other measure he is far better than most head coaches and there tends to be little disagreement in the world on this. The person most would argue is our second best coach seems to like hiring him and he has been rather successful in anything he has done, he has a black eye that we gave him for no good reason and while he has suffered from it we have suffered far greater. 

Other than tanking in the middle of the season and finishing with four or five losses I am trying to figure out what he is far better than most head coaches at?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Days Won:  10

The fan base was intact, excited, and looking forward to the future.  No, he wasn't a great game caller.  But, you can get those.  We may have had better game-day coaches, but we have never energized the base since CJL left.

I miss him greatly and wish he were back in some capacity.  That being said, we have a new, exciting coach and the future looks great.  I don't get the false dichotomy - you either loved CJL and everyone else sucked, or he was the worst and anyone mentioning his name should be shunned like Dwight Shrute.  It's not black and white.  It's like fifty shades of grey.

Just now, USFRaider said:

Other than tanking in the middle of the season and finishing with four or five losses I am trying to figure out what he is far better than most head coaches at?

Building a program from nothing to BCS in under a decade, winning percentage, big wins against huge opponents, recruiting, generating excitement, fastest program in Florida history to 100 wins, being successful at USF (something no one else has ever accomplished), being in a position where actually losing to major long standing and accomplished universities can be seen as failure, getting a program to #2 in the nation, you know the usual stuff. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

He was very good at getting the team up for the big game.  

I appreciate all that he did for program and hope we name our stadium after him but I've moved on.

100% behind Scott now

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Building a program from nothing to BCS in under a decade, winning percentage, big wins against huge opponents, recruiting, generating excitement, fastest program in Florida history to 100 wins, being successful at USF (something no one else has ever accomplished), being in a position where actually losing to major long standing and accomplished universities can be seen as failure, getting a program to #2 in the nation, you know the usual stuff. 

We don't need a program builder we need someone who can actually win the conference and Leavitt is not that guy. But if you long for Jimmy, I am sure there is still room on the FAU bandwagon, you should go check it out.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Days Won:  10

I always like FAU.  They reminded me of our team when we started out and it was fun to watch the program grow.  Now, I have two more reasons to like them.