• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can Rutgers turn it around?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

They brought back Schiano and he just stole a really good OC from Oklahoma State, I remember we wanted him here before bringing in Bell

https://footballscoop.com/news/report-rutgers-landed-offensive-coordinator-sean-gleeson-with-a-record-breaking-deal/

Edited by BrassBulls12

Guest Jonesy Bull
29 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

They brought back Schiano and he just stole a really good OC from Oklahoma State, I remember we wanted him here before bringing in Bell

https://footballscoop.com/news/report-rutgers-landed-offensive-coordinator-sean-gleeson-with-a-record-breaking-deal/

In the Big 10?  Short Answer:  No!

There are much better Big 10 options for big time recruits than Piscataway, NJ!

3 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

In the Big 10?  Short Answer:  No!

There are much better Big 10 options for big time recruits than Piscataway, NJ!

I get that, but that offense becomes exciting, recruits will go. Outside of Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State (the later two for their history more than anything) the Big ten really isn't all that special. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I get that, but that offense becomes exciting, recruits will go. Outside of Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State (the later two for their history more than anything) the Big ten really isn't all that special. 

I guess anything is possible.  Shiano was able to revive them before.  I just kind of look at Rutgers and Maryland as the SEC Vanderbilt version of the Big 10.

27 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I guess anything is possible.  Shiano was able to revive them before.  I just kind of look at Rutgers and Maryland as the SEC Vanderbilt version of the Big 10.

Coaching matters though, Vandy wasn't bad with Franklin. I don't see them being real contenders but they could be back to going to bowls instead of being  a doormat 

Edited by BrassBulls12

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Coaching matters though, Vandy wasn't bad with Franklin. I don't see them being real contenders but they could be back to going to bowls instead of being  a doormat 

Do you think Shiano still has it though?  He has kind of a Dictatorship style, which I don't will work as well with today's athlete.  Also, he has been kind of up and down since leaving Rutgers......I'm just sayin I don't think I'd want him here, I'm glad we have JS.

4 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Do you think Shiano still has it though?  He has kind of a Dictatorship style, which I don't will work as well with today's athlete.  Also, he has been kind of up and down since leaving Rutgers......I'm just sayin I don't think I'd want him here, I'm glad we have JS.

I don't think he would work here but he does have an aura about him there, I think the same would be said about CJL. to me the new OC could be the biggest difference maker. kids will take an ass chewing if they are having fun putting up points on Saturday. GS  is still a good defensive coach. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,004
  • Days Won:  38

I think they finally scored on Ohio State after many years, so any impossible dream can come true.  

Very true, they only scored 3 points from 2016 to 2018.....Guess who was running those defenses? 

Edited by BrassBulls12

Guest Jonesy Bull

OK so why do we really care about Rutgers and Shiano?  I'm still mad at them for what they did to us several years ago, so Screw Rutgers!