• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Alcorn State transfer QB Noah Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, smazza said:

i havent been here for a while.who is torello?

we stink so i say let anyone with talent or a resume come and compete

Sports reporter for Bay News 9. He spends a lot of time covering USF.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

If he wants to come, let him. Right now, our QB room has 4 walk-ons, a RB/WR, an incoming freshman, a transfer who's played 4 unspectacular games, and the incumbent who failed to pass for 100 yards in half of his starts last year. I think it's safe to say there are some questions marks amongst the group.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

His QB Coach Pat White is our new RB coach. Maybe he brings him along. If we are going to have a D2 transfer might as well be one of their best players. I think if he comes along, it will be a 3 way race b/c him, buddy from UNC, and Smith for the starting spot. I see them all beating McCloud. 

- 2018 SWAC Offensive Player of the Year
- 2018 SWAC Championship Offensive MVP
- 2018 All-Conference First-Team
- One of four finalists for the HBCU Player of the Year Award
- One of 25 finalists for the Walter Payton Award (best player in FCS)
- One of four finalists for the C Spire Conerly Trophy (best player in the state of Mississippi)
- In three seasons, Johnson ranks eighth all-time in school history in touchdown passes (30), ninth in passing yards (4,018) and 10th in rushing yards (1,867).
- In 2018, he threw for 2,207 yards and 15 touchdowns, and rushed for 1,080 yards and 11 touchdowns. Johnson ranked third in the nation in rushing yards per carry (7.5) and 16th in completion percentage (.621).
- On Oct. 6, 2018, Johnson ran for the longest touchdown in school history with a 92-yarder. It broke De’Lance Turner’s 88-yarder against Miles College set in 2017.
- Won the team's Most Improved award in spring 2019.

- In 2017, Johnson threw for 782 yards and four touchdowns, and rushed for 333 yards and six touchdowns. Johnson tied the school record for touchdowns in a single game with eight against MVSU in 2016; it tied Steve McNair's eight TD's vs. Chattanooga in 1994. He threw for a career-high 355 yards against Arkansas-Pine Bluff in 2016, and rushed for a career-high 138 yards against Alabama A&M in 2017.

- Led the team in scoring in 2016 with 60 points after throwing for 1,116 yards and 11 touchdowns, and rushing for 440 yards and 10 touchdowns.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

McCloud and Evans will be at different positions come fall.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

McCloud and Evans will be at different positions come fall.

Would love to see McCloud as a wideout

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I like him, he reminds me some of Flowers if we can develop an offense that works to his strengths could be fun to watch again.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Another video to look at. At 3:06 mark in the video...takes a snap from inside his 10...drops back into the endzone...ends up running for a TD...this kid is FAST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWeOf6aOLCs

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

This kid is talented...maybe a late bloomer. Watching the highlight video makes me think how did we not look at this kid.

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

18 hours ago, BiggTipp said:

This kid is talented...maybe a late bloomer. Watching the highlight video makes me think how did we not look at this kid.

I agree.

• 2 months later...