• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Alcorn State transfer QB Noah Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

30 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Thanks Apis. **** the main board shut that **** down in a minute. Anyways, I’ll take him. Quarterback from Armwood.

I locked the post as soon as I created it.  i just wanted to steer people over here in case they missed it otherwise.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Sounded like Torello is just floating a name that would be interested in coming here. 

I would say our QB job is wide open.

Right now we have 3 scholarship QB's in Fortin (3 yrs eligibility) , McCloud (3 years) and Evans (4 years assuming this year was a redshirt). All indications point to USF signing Hunter Helms later in the recruiting period. So you would have 4 guys with lots of eligibility. 

I doubt we would have more than 5 scholarship QB's. So I guess it's possible but CJS may have some other plans with transfers at QB. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I don't think we're in any position to turn down anyone really.  Give him a legit shot to win the QB position.  If he gets it, great, if not he can either be a backup or change positions.  The same is true for all of our QBs.

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

8 minutes ago, usf97 said:

Sounded like Torello is just floating a name that would be interested in coming here. 

I would say our QB job is wide open.

Right now we have 3 scholarship QB's in Fortin (3 yrs eligibility) , McCloud (3 years) and Evans (4 years assuming this year was a redshirt). All indications point to USF signing Hunter Helms later in the recruiting period. So you would have 4 guys with lots of eligibility. 

I doubt we would have more than 5 scholarship QB's. So I guess it's possible but CJS may have some other plans with transfers at QB. 

I think Evans will move to receiver or running back. I think Rygol takes his spot. We have Fortin, McCloud, Rygol, hopefully Jordan Smith. This Hunter guy will probably stay where he is at. Too much competition here. He can probably start at Holy Cross his first year. But if buddy wants to come here for his last year and be the 5th QB then go ahead. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

11 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I think Evans will move to receiver or running back. I think Rygol takes his spot. We have Fortin, McCloud, Rygol, hopefully Jordan Smith. This Hunter guy will probably stay where he is at. Too much competition here. He can probably start at Holy Cross his first year. But if buddy wants to come here for his last year and be the 5th QB then go ahead. 

Was tough to tell just how good any of our QB's were/are since most the time they were running for their lives. You mention Rygol, be interesting to see what the new coach thinks of him we only got glimpses but, he looks similar in size and moves as the video on Fortin...he showed some positives. I was never a BB fan. McC might grow into something?? but to me he looked fragile. Would like to see Evans at running back he looks good. Guess 5 would be the number. I see someone or 2 transferring. Gotta admit, new program coming be interesting. 

• Topic Count:  118
  • Content Count:  6,459
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, BulledOver said:

Was tough to tell just how good any of our QB's were/are since most the time they were running for their lives. You mention Rygol, be interesting to see what the new coach thinks of him we only got glimpses but, he looks similar in size and moves as the video on Fortin...he showed some positives. I was never a BB fan. McC might grow into something?? but to me he looked fragile. Would like to see Evans at running back he looks good. Guess 5 would be the number. I see someone or 2 transferring. Gotta admit, new program coming be interesting. 

The only reason I still consider McCloud is b/c he has a personal relationship with CJS, so he definitely will still get a good look from CJS. My personal favorites to play next year are Fortin or Jordan Smith (If he commits). Rygol mentioned on twitter that he plans on being able to run a 4.6 40yd after the spring, so maybe he rises out of the pack lol I feel this team will improve. A lot of our young talent will be juniors/seniors so they need to step up or get out the way for the new talent coming in. 

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Oh yeah. Forgot Smith will likely commit also. 

Rygol is still a walk on with like 2-3 other walk ons. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Evans moved elsewhere. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Our QB stable is pretty full and could still get larger something gotta give at some point. It will all be interesting to watch as he builds his team. 

• Topic Count:  9,893
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

i havent been here for a while.who is torello?

we stink so i say let anyone with talent or a resume come and compete