• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    AAC_Championship_MensBasketball_Print_Full_24_CMYK.png
    American Athletic Conference Tournament

Next: @ UCF, Tue, 3/19, 9 pm, ESPN+

1 2 Final  
    #4 UAB 38 55 93  
    #1 Bulls 30 53 83  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPN2  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Defeated ECU 91-59

So.....am I crazy????

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,892
  • Content Count:  66,034
  • Days Won:  172

3 hours ago, BULLigerent said:

I watched the game tonight kinda just to hear ESPN talk about USF and our new coach and and and.....

They highlighted the DC (and his green hat) plenty.  Never once mentioned the OC....or the comeback, game winning play calling....once.

I saw CJS one time on the tv and they switched away as soon as he came into focus.

Really?

Tell me Im crazy.

you are not crazy

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,166
  • Days Won:  42

Think they may be saving all the talk for the title game. After all, it will be his last game coaching for Clemson so it will be a better story line 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

They actually pointed out OSU coach leaving after this season to coach BC and how hard it was to juggle both duties...I thought to myself...well, they will surely bring up CJS as well tonight...nope 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  680
  • Content Count:  7,533
  • Days Won:  6

8 hours ago, Azmodi said:

RISE UP PEOPLE, SHOW THE MAN (ESPN) WE WON'T BE IGNORED!!!

image.jpeg.cd7aa581696ce94b8a1e17ad60f8dfed.jpeg

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  20,862
  • Days Won:  38

35 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

image.jpeg.cd7aa581696ce94b8a1e17ad60f8dfed.jpeg

Preach!  

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Think they may be saving all the talk for the title game. After all, it will be his last game coaching for Clemson so it will be a better story line 

I think this is right. I also think that talking about coaches and their next moves etc. is “filler” for the announcers. They keep that stuff in their back pockets to talk about in the event that it’s a crappy game or a blow out.

They didn’t have much time in that game to talk about anything but the game. It was non-stop action and very fast moving. A great freaking game.

Granted, Herbstreit is always going to seem to favor OSU...I think this may be the reason for talk of their DC and not CJS. Perhaps they were going to mention it when they had a chance in down time later in the game.

I don’t think that ESPN has an inherent bias against USF in particular. They will uncover every story line imaginable leading up to the National Championship game. I’m sure CJS to USF will be mentioned at some point between now and the conclusion of that game.

As I’m typing this I just had a thought.....why can’t Michael Kelly and USF’s marketing team approach/pitch ESPN on making a little piece about the move? If they can present it in a way that ESPN deems interesting and news worthy it would be make sense for them to talk about it.

Something along the lines of “USF was once an exciting start up program...mention all of the “firsts” that we accomplished....mention how we’ve struggled to maintain/capitalize/improve upon that early momentum. Talk about the Leavitt, Holtz, Taggart, Strong tenures...and the new found excitement of the CJS hire. 

If you take a step back and think of the USF football story, it’s actually pretty interesting. ESPN loves this kind of stuff. Kelly is a highly regarded guy in college football. I think that USF should make some calls and pitch the idea of hyping up the move.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  3,993
  • Days Won:  55

11 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

I think this is right. I also think that talking about coaches and their next moves etc. is “filler” for the announcers. They keep that stuff in their back pockets to talk about in the event that it’s a crappy game or a blow out.

They didn’t have much time in that game to talk about anything but the game. It was non-stop action and very fast moving. A great freaking game.

Granted, Herbstreit is always going to seem to favor OSU...I think this may be the reason for talk of their DC and not CJS. Perhaps they were going to mention it when they had a chance in down time later in the game.

I don’t think that ESPN has an inherent bias against USF in particular. They will uncover every story line imaginable leading up to the National Championship game. I’m sure CJS to USF will be mentioned at some point between now and the conclusion of that game.

As I’m typing this I just had a thought.....why can’t Michael Kelly and USF’s marketing team approach/pitch ESPN on making a little piece about the move? If they can present it in a way that ESPN deems interesting and news worthy it would be make sense for them to talk about it.

Something along the lines of “USF was once an exciting start up program...mention all of the “firsts” that we accomplished....mention how we’ve struggled to maintain/capitalize/improve upon that early momentum. Talk about the Leavitt, Holtz, Taggart, Strong tenures...and the new found excitement of the CJS hire. 

If you take a step back and think of the USF football story, it’s actually pretty interesting. ESPN loves this kind of stuff. Kelly is a highly regarded guy in college football. I think that USF should make some calls and pitch the idea of hyping up the move.

It doesn’t work that way, and if they did, the media folks would chuckle. We’re not newsworthy at this point.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

16 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

Keep in mind that both of Herbstreit’s twin boys play for Clemson. I thought he did a balanced job last night. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

9 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not sure if it’s avoidance or they just don’t give a **** since we are G5. 

There was never a single second in the entire game where anyone associated with the broadcast gave even the slightest **** one way or the other about CJS or USF. There was no briefing beforehand where ESPN gathered up all of the broadcasters and told them, "Do not mention USF. Only P5 teams." No one was yelling in a cameraman's ear, "Get Scott the hell off the screen, NOW!" At halftime, they didn't slip Herbstreit a note telling him to mention OSU's DC was on his way to Boston College and skip USF. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  19,190
  • Days Won:  254

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

There was never a single second in the entire game where anyone associated with the broadcast gave even the slightest **** one way or the other about CJS or USF. There was no briefing beforehand where ESPN gathered up all of the broadcasters and told them, "Do not mention USF. Only P5 teams." No one was yelling in a cameraman's ear, "Get Scott the hell off the screen, NOW!" At halftime, they didn't slip Herbstreit a note telling him to mention OSU's DC was on his way to Boston College and skip USF. 

They just didn’t have the time to try to remind people on who USF is, try to manufacture a reason they should care and then discuss that Scott was leaving Clempzon to go to a school the audience just learned about from the 10 minutes of expensive air time they just wasted.