• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, Gismo said:

Go bulls! 

All of us alumni should be proud of our contributions. USF is climbing fast, it’ll be another decade before public perception catches up. In the meantime we’ll be past FSU and academically nearing the status of other top state institutions like UF, Texas, Ohio State. Hopefully athletics keeps pace. 

Academically we are leaving UCF in the dust (but locally UCF seems to have stronger support from Orlando residents than USF gets from Tampa residents, maybe due to the larger student body size?).

great article

i always saw the potential of usf

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

USF 44th, UCF 79th. Hahaha. Crushing them off the field and soon we will destroy them again on the field. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, jchem1995 said:

Oviedo is not a destination retirement location. Therein lies the difference. Tampa just doesn’t need USF to survive like these other po dunk towns. Sucks but true.

That said I thin Jeff kicks ass.

True, but it doesn't hurt to be located in a boom town like the city of Tampa.  Seriosuly, Tampa is seing growth like I've never seen before in all the time I've been here (the 80;s).   Both the University and the City are riding a wave of growth not seen since I've been alive!  We are married together!

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

USF would totally not accept me had I been applying now. Hehe.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, Bullschmutz said:

I graduated in 2004 and probably wouldn’t get in now either. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Bullschmutz said:

No way in hell I would have got in today based on my high school academic malfeasance. 😀

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,069
  • Days Won:  56

I think most of us can agree that USF is definitely a different university today than the one we experienced. For me - a 1988 grad - it’s not even recognizable! I have to admit, I’m having a great time getting reacquainted with USF now that my daughter is a student. She has the kind of academic credentials that you never would have seen on campus in the past - I’m talking Ivy League credentials - but she chose USF and is loving it. I’ve been super impressed with everything I’ve seen her experience - Honors College, Provost Scholar program, study abroad, internship coming at State Department in D.C. next summer with help from USF, new housing in The Village, etc. All that and she’s only been on campus for three semesters! The scholarship package she received made it a no-brainer over her other offers and USF is delivering on its promise so far. As a senior, she had no intention of staying in state and going to her Dad’s alma mater. It was probably the last school on her list until she truly began exploring and she’ll tell you today she couldn’t have made a better choice. If our athletics could somehow find a way to get on the same upward trending path as the rest of the university - look out!

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 4

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 12/27/2019 at 2:28 PM, jchem1995 said:

Oviedo is not a destination retirement location. Therein lies the difference. Tampa just doesn’t need USF to survive like these other po dunk towns. Sucks but true.

That said I thin Jeff kicks ass.

Actually Olando and the entire state of Florida is a retirement destination.

The Tampa Bay area does offer more diversity then Orlando unless you really really love theme parks

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

3 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

The Tampa Bay area does offer more diversity then Orlando unless you really really love theme parks

I think this is it in a nutshell, diversity in major sports being key, when talking about the two communities, especially the media, embracing their home college teams .........

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think this is it in a nutshell, diversity in major sports being key, when talking about the two communities, especially the media, embracing their home college teams .........

Yep and not just major sports but diversity in general life style and things to do.  Orlando is pretty much all about tourists and theme parks.  That would get old quick.