• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

High expectations 2020

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

13 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

This a ckb apologist thread

I know. Some of the responses didn’t appear to realize that and were talking about unrealistic expectations for next year. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

38 minutes ago, Cornada said:

I'm tired of waiting for a conference championship.  I've been patient for to long.  We are a big enough school in a mediocre conference; no excuse for not being competitive.  If we can't compete for a championship 75% of the time then we should give up football.

🤘🤘🤘

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

8 hours ago, BayIslandBull said:

Higher energy, recruiting, and incremental improvement on the field is what I'm hoping for.

Maybe some better access by the media so that they can start building the brand would be nice. It's hard to expect much from a beat reporter when the media has no access. 

building the brand is so important

taggart and strong had no charisma.no salesmanship

taggart barely looked alive on the sidelines and strong looked lost.

i think we will surprise alot of people next year.we can improve in aac quickly and i expect a 6 wins next year

7 hours ago, Azmodi said:

No one is saying we're winning the conference or even our division next year. We're just expressing hope and sharing positive vibes. We hope we'll go 6-6 next year. If we do better, even more reason to be happy.

amen

our coaching staff was horrible and all the criticisms are justified

i believe mccloud can be used in certain situations and that there is a place for him on the team

6 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

You need to sip some spiked egg nog and rethink this.  You may be the only one thinking conf championship in year 2 of rebuilding this mess.  It would be great if we do but I'm not expecting it.  Year 3?  Hopefully then.

we play in the mighty aac where we can go from zero to hero quickly

the orlando school is our biggest obstacle

Guest Jonesy Bull

Merry Christmas everone!  The family unit is not up yet so killing time.

I think we do much better next year than people expect.  Even an upset or two.  This coaching staff imo makes us instantly better.  They have a whole spring and off season workout program.  Young kids can develop those muscles quickly if given the right program.  

I expect .500 or slightly better and a bowl game.  Then Year 2 - look out.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

10 hours ago, Cornada said:

I'm tired of waiting for a conference championship.  I've been patient for to long.  We are a big enough school in a mediocre conference; no excuse for not being competitive.  If we can't compete for a championship 75% of the time then we should give up football.

You are going to be disappointed 2 years from now.  

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Anticipation is over the top! Hey @Brad how many new Penners' have signed up since hiring CJS?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,388
  • Days Won:  3

23 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Anticipation is over the top! Hey @Brad how many new Penners' have signed up since hiring CJS?

All the new folks are Clemson fans.  Not that it is a bad thing, just throwing that out there. 

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

I see no reason why we can’t win 6 games next year: Bethune Cookman, Nevada, ECU, Tulsa should all be locks, just based on our team from this past season.

I think there’s easily two more wins among FAU, Memphis, Temple, Navy, and Houston. ‘Easily’, assuming our new coaching staff is competent, which I do believe. We have a leg up already on FAU, since their two coordinators from last year now working for us will know that roster inside-out from a scouting perspective. Memphis will be transitioning to a new coach, so their success is by no means assured. Houston and Temple took big steps back this past year. And Navy is a wildcard year-to-year.

• Upvote 1