• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

TE Coach Joey King

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

2 minutes ago, usf97 said:

Could he be a downgrade to Justin Burke? 

Almost impossible 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

I'm going with Scott knows what he's doing and give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

12 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

This one is weird to me

some of the rumors are too, alot of guys getting their first taste at this level here witha head coach who has never lead a program. Not much experience on the staff so far. I also really hope there is a former head coach on staff other than his father. I love the hire of Scott but am concerened with the staff he is putting together. That could change when the rest is announced.

1 minute ago, Apis Bull said:

Okay, I quoted from the Coastal Carolina link that was posted.  Sorry, thought you were saying I incorrectly posted the quote when we were both referring to variations of the same quote on different websites.  My head hurts now.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Just now, flsportsfan83 said:

some of the rumors are too, alot of guys getting their first taste at this level here witha head coach who has never lead a program. Not much experience on the staff so far. I also really hope there is a former head coach on staff other than his father. I love the hire of Scott but am concerened with the staff he is putting together. That could change when the rest is announced.

I think the DC has enough experience even if he wasn't a HC. I feel we need one more highly experienced coach, preferably on offense. Staff is looking really young and inexperienced right now. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

6 minutes ago, usf97 said:

Could he be a downgrade to Justin Burke? 

5 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

When it comes to special teams...not likely. 

A downgrade to Burke on ST?

That's unpossible!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

Just now, DELdaBull said:

I think the DC has enough experience even if he wasn't a HC. I feel we need one more highly experienced coach, preferably on offense. Staff is looking really young and inexperienced right now. 

I would agree, staff has be a little worries about this hire. We shall see. 

I'd also like some more Florida connections on the staff, maybe we should have kept King.

1 minute ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I would agree, staff has be a little worries about this hire. We shall see. 

Hopefully he pulls in an OC with some experience who will tie it all together.  I don't think one has been named yet.  

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

3 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I am asking this, because i don't honestly know.  How much experience did the staff have at UCF when they hired Frost?  Dabo at Clemson?  Riley at Oklahoma?  CJS spent years under a coach, that was only to be the interim, who took a mediocre team in Clemson and turn them into a perennial National Championship contender.  We've tried the, "prior head coach route".

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

3 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

I'd also like some more Florida connections on the staff, maybe we should have kept King.

Out of the five hires so far, our HC and DC have Florida ties.  I'm not sure that a S&C coach needs to have Florida ties, so that leave two that don't, King, and WRs Coach Dye, who spent time as a WRs coach at a West Virginia.

While we should get the bulk of our players from Florida, we still need to be able to recruit other areas.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1