• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

About Jeff Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I will stay pessimistic on this move, we don’t and won’t and never had the type of personnel to run this type of offense successfully.  We are a G5 team that will never have a dominant line to run this type of offense,  disappointing.

Wow

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

4 hours ago, zarnozdabull said:

The need for a pro-style QB worries me.

Coach Scott is in for a rude awakening.

Stop thinking of, "pro-style."  Fortin is a pocket passer that can run. Clemson doesn't run a tradition pro-style offense. They run an RPO. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
17 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Stop thinking of, "pro-style."  Fortin is a pocket passer that can run. Clemson doesn't run a tradition pro-style offense. They run an RPO. 

People get so caught up in pro style vs spread.  This is a brand new coaching.  This guy actually might know what he is doing.  He has seen success and know what it looks like and how to get there....I think I will put my trust in that.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

As the great Vince Lombardi once said: “Not all pro style offenses are created alike...”

ok he never said that but it is true. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Days Won:  0

If you watched FAU today, you saw the Clemson offense. Looks as if Weiss Jr. copied our playbook while he was an analyst for AL. Bobby Bowden & Jimbo Fisher ran/run a pro-style offense. I don't see where the Clemson offense has anything to do with pro-style. Chad Morris brought the spread to Clemson in 2014. He had picked it up from Gus Malzahn when Malzahn was coaching HS in AR. In 2010, the last year before Morris, Clemson was 6-7 (4-4). His first year as OC, 2011, the record went to 10-4 (6-2) - then 2012 11-2 (7-1) - 2013 11-2 (7-1) - 2014 10-3 (6-2). In 2015 after Morris went to SMU & with Scott as Co-OC, the record actually got better. 2015 14-1 (8-0) - 2016 14-1 (7-1) - 2017 12-2 (7-1) - 2018 15-0 (8-0) & 2019 13-0 (8-0) so far. The Chad bounced to SMU & then AR. Bill Belichick couldn't have made AR a winner in 2 years. The big scandal had a severe effect on the school as a whole + they had a roster designed to run a Wisconsin-style ground-pounding offense without the recruits to do it.

Someone said that the new S&C guy couldn't be any good because he was at AR with Chad Morris. When Morris arrived at Clemson, he was dismayed at the S&C #s. He requested & got an upgrade of the S&C staff. He specified the #s that he wanted to see. S&C got much better. If Morris recommended the new S&C for USF, I'd bet that he is very good.

OL: Clemson has had a OL full of 3* recruits for ages. We've just recently been able to pick up mostly 4*s. The starting RT, Tremayne Anchrum was a 3* & is only 6-2. Fortunately, the OL coach, Robbie Caldwell, is undoubtedly one of the better OL coaches in college football. He's been able to develop what he's had by redshirting them & generally not playing them until their 3rd year.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,997
  • Days Won:  38

I love this in depth analysis.  We usually just talk about Publix subs and argue over many losses.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

17 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

Also Lawrence is a deviation from what they recruited before him. Boyd, Watson, and Bryant all were dual threat and their running ability was utilized in the offense regularly 

Edited by Bull Dozer