• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

About Jeff Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  9
  • Days Won:  0

I’m a Clemson fan. Here are my responses to some of the recent posts on your board.

1) Kissin’ Babies: Jeff Scott has been in Tampa since he was named Head Coach at USF. He has signed some new HS players & some transfers for USF. He will return to Clemson until their run for the Natty is over, which is NLT 1-13. The end of the dead period is 1-16. If Clemson gets into the NC game, he will not be at the AFCA meeting.

2) Recruiting: Coach Scott & his dad were both born in Arcadia FL. He has recruited FL ever since he’s been on the staff at Clemson (12 years) & can handle the recruiting until he has his staff together. He was the top recruiter at Clemson until he was taken off the road when he became Co-OC. He still recruited the WRs & often went out with area recruiters to “close the deal” on recruits who were “on the fence”.

3) Pro-style offense: Clemson runs the spread offense with a PP (Pocket-passer QB). They do not recruit DT (Dual-threat) QBs. It’s good if the QB can run but his #1 skill must be as a passer.

4) Transfer Portal/JUCOs: Clemson does not take either.

5) Commitments: Clemson does not take commitments from any recruit who wants to keep visiting. If they want to end their visits or have finished visiting & want to commit, it is then accepted. I expect that Coach Scott’s long-term goal will be to use the same system.

6) Calling Plays: Coach Scott & Tony Elliott worked on the game plans together every week, including scripting about the first 24 plays. Tony was in the booth & called most plays while Coach Scott was on the sidelines. Coach Scott had input on the plays. In the 2016 NC game vs. AL (1-09-2017), with just a few seconds left, the Watson > Renfroe pass which won the NC, the play was called by ……Jeff Scott.

7) Evaluator: Jeff Scott spent one year as a HS coach. He won the state championship at a brand-new school. That year, he plucked one kid out of the student body who had never played football. The kid came out, became a starter, followed Coach Scott to Presbyterian College the next year. There he was a 4-year starter at CB. From PC, he went to the NFL where he went to the Pro Bowl as a rookie. Justin Bethel.

😎 Fired/Leave: He might lose & get fired or he might win & leave. Or he might get picked up by a hurricane & dropped off in Fiji, never to be heard from again. Why worry? I don’t see him leaving for any job except Clemson. By the time Saban retires & if/when Dabo goes to AL, Clemson might call him home. Clemson likes to hire from within so, by that time, they might have another coach ready to take over. Jeff Scott is as loyal as a puppy dog.

9) Motto: The “All In” motto at Clemson applies to all players, staff, fans, alumni, boosters, and professors. Feel free to adopt it for your own use. It’s working very well so far for us.

Edited by Triple B
For profanity
  • Upvote 2
  • ???? 1

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

a great scouting report on our coach

thanks

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Hall of Fame 1st Post

UCF? Oh my. 

Image result for facepalm

Edited by usf97
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  9
  • Days Won:  0

So sorry. My bad. Didn't mean to "mistaken" you for UCF. Was just looking at the transfer portal & saw a UCF on there. Must have stuck in my brain. Would have blamed it on my phone but I'm on a laptop. Btw, saw that USF had a couple on there. Jeremiah Stafford & Jajuan Cherry.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Lets skip the debate and BAN him now!!!

david bowie queen GIF

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

42 minutes ago, HulaBula said:

I’m a Clemson fan. Here are my responses to some of the recent posts on your board.

1) Kissin’ Babies: Jeff Scott has been in Tampa since he was named Head Coach at UCF. He has signed some new HS players & some transfers for UCF. He will return to Clemson until their run for the Natty is over, which is NLT 1-13. The end of the dead period is 1-16. If Clemson gets into the NC game, he will not be at the AFCA meeting.

2) Recruiting: Coach Scott & his dad were both born in Arcadia FL. He has recruited FL ever since he’s been on the staff at Clemson (12 years) & can handle the recruiting until he has his staff together. He was the top recruiter at Clemson until he was taken off the road when he became Co-OC. He still recruited the WRs & often went out with area recruiters to “close the deal” on recruits who were “on the fence”.

3) Pro-style offense: Clemson runs the spread offense with a PP (Pocket-passer QB). They do not recruit DT (Dual-threat) QBs. It’s good if the QB can run but his #1 skill must be as a passer.

4) Transfer Portal/JUCOs: Clemson does not take either.

5) Commitments: Clemson does not take commitments from any recruit who wants to keep visiting. If they want to end their visits or have finished visiting & want to commit, it is then accepted. I expect that Coach Scott’s long-term goal will be to use the same system.

6) Calling Plays: Coach Scott & Tony Elliott worked on the game plans together every week, including scripting about the first 24 plays. Tony was in the booth & called most plays while Coach Scott was on the sidelines. Coach Scott had input on the plays. In the 2016 NC game vs. AL (1-09-2017), with just a few seconds left, the Watson > Renfroe pass which won the NC, the play was called by ……Jeff Scott.

7) Evaluator: Jeff Scott spent one year as a HS coach. He won the state championship at a brand-new school. That year, he plucked one kid out of the student body who had never played football. The kid came out, became a starter, followed Coach Scott to Presbyterian College the next year. There he was a 4-year starter at CB. From PC, he went to the NFL where he went to the Pro Bowl as a rookie. Justin Bethel.

😎 Fired/Leave: He might lose & get fired or he might win & leave. Or he might get picked up by a hurricane & dropped off in Fiji, never to be heard from again. Why worry? I don’t see him leaving for any job except Clemson. By the time Saban retires & if/when Dabo goes to AL, Clemson might call him home. Clemson likes to hire from within so, by that time, they might have another coach ready to take over. Jeff Scott is as loyal as a puppy dog.

9) Motto: The “All In” motto at Clemson applies to all players, staff, fans, alumni, boosters, and professors. Feel free to adopt it for your own use. It’s working very well so far for us.

Lost me at the " ucf " comment     USF   UNIVERSITY OF SOUTH FLORIDA ( don't ask us about the South FL )

You did commit a mortal sin on this site however, your input/insight and opinion are welcome 

Ok now that we cleared that up....commence with your biography of CJS