• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Largo RB commits to Bulls

Guest S.  Bien

That was about Andre Hall's playing size when he was at DH.  He also reminds me a bit of Billy Henderson, probably the same amount of speed that Henderson had.

In fact, this kid's play reminds me a TON of Andre in HS.  Andre added 20lbs when he got to GAMI.   McCluster and Hall are your typical Pinellas back.  McCluster plays in a district that probably has some of the best speed in it outside of Miami.  The problem is that many of the great players in that district always have trouble qualifying.  Dexter's a fantastic back, he might play corner, but my money is on the fact that in three years you'll see him around 5-9 200lbs and playing like Andre Hall.  

McCluster is the best back in the Bay Area, and he's got serious speed.  Trust me when I say this was a fantastic pick-up.

Nice to read Donte Spires could be eligible.  This kid is also big time.  He's another Terrance Royal clone with possibly a bit more upside!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Hey, Mutt, I'm an SHS alum.  Did you go there?

Actually, I was kicked out of Largo... But now I teach at SHS and coach JV football. My wife (Bubbles) is a Warhawk tho.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

this is a great start

hope it just gets better from here!

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,567
  • Days Won:  1

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/10/15/Sports/Packers_get_a_big_kic.shtml

Packers get a big kick, 23-20

A 38-yard field goal by Will Sever caps Largo's comeback.

By BRANDON WRIGHT

Published October 15, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LARGO - Poised to attempt a 38-yard field goal to break a 20-20 tie in the final seconds, Largo wide receiver Will Sever was concerned, to say the least.

"I can't even tell you how nervous I was," Sever said.

Sever connected for his first career high-school field goal for the as the Packers came from behind in the final 1:43 to beat visiting Seminole 23-20.

"Our kicker (Louis Marroquin) hurt his back two weeks ago," Largo coach Rick Rodriguez said. "Sever had kicked some in practice and we decided to go with him tonight."

Sever, whose only prior experience kicking was in soccer, booted four extra points in Largo's 28-0 win against Palm Harbor last week.

The pressure here was somewhat greater given the distance, the consequences and the time left on the clock: eight seconds.

"I've watched him kick in practice, so I had faith in him," Largo running back Dexter McCluster said.

It was McCluster (203 yards rushing, 3 TDs) who put Sever in position, first taking a punt back 56 yards with about a minute and a half left that tied the game at 20-20.

"I couldn't believe (Seminole) kicked it to him," Rodriguez said. "I thought they were going to kick it in the stands or something."

Largo's (5-2) defense forced a three and out on Seminole's (4-3) next possession and got the ball at its 43 with 44 seconds left. Quarterback Leonard Johnson then found McCluster streaking down the sideline for a 41-yard gain.

"I saw they were in a cover two and I scrambled to my right to buy some time," Johnson said. "But I didn't make the play, the team made that play happen."

Largo spiked the ball to stop the clock and ran one more play before Sever's field goal landed about 15 yards past the goalpost.

203 yds on the ground, 3 TD's for McCluster.  Not bad.  He does need to belly up to the buffet though.  I love beating Seminhole.  GO PACKERS!!!

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

where is he ranked  among other state running backs?

i will assume 4th or higher

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737

bien, this is not a flame, but do you ever find any bulls commits to be less than fantastic?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618

just watched a replay of the Largo v. Seminole game, and this kid looks awesome!!

makes me excited about the future, now all we need is a QB...