• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No Assistants to be Retained?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Agent_Danger said:

If this happens...  This board is going to hate the CJL people.

The same people probably blamed the sun for coming up and showing the horrors of Hurricane Dorian in the Bahamas 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  40
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, puc86 said:

The same people probably blamed the sun for coming up and showing the horrors of Hurricane Dorian in the Bahamas 

What?  

I'm talking about a coach having three years to develop talent and show progress.  Any indication.  If we suck in three years - then he's the wrong choice.  I'm on board with the family values coming through in instagram, the pedigree from a national championship team...  Awesome.  But if in three years we're still in rebuild mode.  Goodbye.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,452
  • Days Won:  422

13 minutes ago, Agent_Danger said:

If this happens...  This board is going to hate the CJL people.

We have to wait?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Agent_Danger said:

What?  

I'm talking about a coach having three years to develop talent and show progress.  Any indication.  If we suck in three years - then he's the wrong choice.  I'm on board with the family values coming through in instagram, the pedigree from a national championship team...  Awesome.  But if in three years we're still in rebuild mode.  Goodbye.

You said people will hate the CJL people, the reason for the hate is simply because they know we are right and always have been. We shine a light on their wrong and the destruction of the program that was caused by the sham mockery they call an investigation.

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

We have to wait?

You guys know I'm a CJL guy.  Obviously.  I'll hold back my opinions.  CJS has won me over for now.  His press conferences are fine; and I'm on board with Clemson pedigree being what we need.

With that said, the man fired Shaun King.  I'm side eyeing that a bit.  Seems out of touch with Tampa Bay.

Edited by Agent_Danger
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You said people will hate the CJL people, the reason for the hate is simply because they know we are right and always have been. We shine a light on their wrong and the destruction of the program that was caused by the sham mockery they call an investigation.

I'm with you on that.  If you're saying what I think you're saying...  I was not aligned with the firing of CJL.  And wish he was here coaching today.  But I'm willing to give our current coaching staff a chance.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,452
  • Days Won:  422

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

See? why should we have to wait ....

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

8 hours ago, puc86 said:

Sounds like someone is trying to make my talking points list. This is going to surprise a lot of people but it’s easier to get kids to fit the Clemson scheme than it is to get them here just as it was easier to get Stanford scheme players to go to Stanford than here and the slew of other failed attempts to turn USF into the place the prior coach came from. You need to adjust to the talent you can actually get here and that the state is swimming in rather than chasing Sirens as you steer our ship into the rocks. The sooner coach Scott learns that he must adapt the better served we all will be. If he was really that married to the changes in the interview Kelly is a moron too and will follow his guy out.

interesting article on the clemson offense and how it evolved with the different QBs. Clearly shows they are willing to adapt offense to players skill set.They have never had a dominant o-line either.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/9/27/17900934/trevor-lawrence-clemson-new-starter-quarterback

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Agreed and this will be helpful with a questionable OL. But when the DBs start pressing we will still need the WR to get separation on longer patterned which was inconsistent at best last year. Got to get the OL and WR recruits IMO.

clemson has never been known for a dominant o-line. I agree that we need WRs and athletes that we can get into space.

The problem: Clemson has never really mastered the “smashmouth” dimension of the smashmouth spread. They’ve always been at their best at spreading the ball around to speedy skill players and winning matchups on the perimeter. They aren’t stocked with the sorts of OL, TE, or FBs to consistently overpower.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/9/27/17900934/trevor-lawrence-clemson-new-starter-quarterback

9 hours ago, puc86 said:

KB should have shown coach Scott the Daily Stampede Videos that proved despite any tangible results he was actually doing everything flawlessly, then he would have understood.

those videos were hilarious. you could do the same with alabama and all their drops and missed blocks throughout a game. they did all they could to defend the terrible coaching.