• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No Assistants to be Retained?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, hm101 said:

2 things I gleaned from today. 

1 - Coach has never worked the transfer scene

2 - He made it clear in an interview he is looking for players to fit his scheme (rather than vice versa)

Don't get me wrong I am not only on the Scott train, I'm happy to push the thing. I just wanted to note these tidbits. Temper expectations while he learns and gets his people.

Sounds like someone is trying to make my talking points list. This is going to surprise a lot of people but it’s easier to get kids to fit the Clemson scheme than it is to get them here just as it was easier to get Stanford scheme players to go to Stanford than here and the slew of other failed attempts to turn USF into the place the prior coach came from. You need to adjust to the talent you can actually get here and that the state is swimming in rather than chasing Sirens as you steer our ship into the rocks. The sooner coach Scott learns that he must adapt the better served we all will be. If he was really that married to the changes in the interview Kelly is a moron too and will follow his guy out.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

This kid was just offered by USF

https://myfootballevaluation.com/player/hunterhelms/

That's impossible. We have no assistant coaches working the SC pipeline.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Days Won:  0

jason bateman dodgeball GIF

Not that our assistants were lighting the world on fire...but zero continuity between staffs has to make this harder.  Let’s hope the guy *truly* has a vision and plan for this...or he’s flat out crazy. Maybe we need that...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, hedgehogfrenzy said:

jason bateman dodgeball GIF

Not that our assistants were lighting the world on fire...but zero continuity between staffs has to make this harder.  Let’s hope the guy *truly* has a vision and plan for this...or he’s flat out crazy. Maybe we need that...

Some Grad assistants are still listed on USF's website.  Lindsay Lamar is there. Augie is not.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

This is a bold move to cut every single coach. It’s hard to imagine that Shaun King would not have been an asset to CJS on this new staff. I’d like to know if he even interviewed any of them? Or was it part of Kelly’s plan to wipe them all out? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,513
  • Days Won:  28

28 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

That's impossible. We have no assistant coaches working the SC pipeline.  

Stole a recruit from Holy Cross. Buddy has good stats. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

KB should have shown coach Scott the Daily Stampede Videos that proved despite any tangible results he was actually doing everything flawlessly, then he would have understood.

Actually if you would have watched them Seth was pretty clear in showing dozens of blocking assignments that were missed as well as a lack of effort. Not a KB fan by any means but Seth did a nice job in showing the players should also been held responsible. The offense of CJS (with Clemson) is not significantly different from last years USF offense. Hopefully with another year the offense can get it right. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Some Grad assistants are still listed on USF's website.  Lindsay Lamar is there. Augie is not.

Forgot all about Augie. Hope he returns one day with Blackwell. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Actually if you would have watched them Seth was pretty clear in showing dozens of blocking assignments that were missed as well as a lack of effort. Not a KB fan by any means but Seth did a nice job in showing the players should also been held responsible. The offense of CJS (with Clemson) is not significantly different from last years USF offense. Hopefully with another year the offense can get it right. 

I agree we should have went with Leavitt 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  40
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Bullcocky said:

We don't have the Orlando school's resources... They have an ocs and an athletics culture + more money. I see a more realistic protection being 2-3 wins next year, 6-7 the year after that and maybe competing for the conference year 3. Next year we will be trotting out a lot of back ups from this year's team. We graduated some key talent and aren't really reloading it seems. 

If this happens...  This board is going to hate the CJL people.