• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No Assistants to be Retained?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just now, Jonesy Bull said:

I don't see how we can expect a great recruiting clas this year, considering how close to the Signing period he was hired.  If he is being Classy and not taking Clemson recruits or players, then he  doesn't have a whole lot of options this late in the process, unless he can pull some rabbits out of the hat.....I think we always knew that this year would be more of a transfer portal situation, and next year would start our "hopefully" good to great recruiting classes.

I think he's talking about after this year.

Guest Jonesy Bull
Just now, Apis Bull said:

I think he's talking about after this year.

Oh thanks, I didn't pick up on that part.  Yeah, then that would be a red flag if next years recruiting class is average.  But nothing so far this early in his tenure, would support that argument.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I don't see how we can expect a great recruiting clas this year, considering how close to the Signing period he was hired.  If he is being Classy and not taking Clemson recruits or players, then he  doesn't have a whole lot of options this late in the process, unless he can pull some rabbits out of the hat.....I think we always knew that this year would be more of a transfer portal situation, and next year would start our "hopefully" good to great recruiting classes.

Agreed. I was more referring to in the future since he has said he would not use the portal. Which makes sense. If he is ever going to get a big time job he will need to show that he can do it through recruiting. The coach at SMU will never be moving up.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

I agree we may need a few transfers, but I want to see what coach can haul in. I think we should be ok, if we’re actively recruiting

Makes you wonder how many potential recruits from Clemson we might pickup? They can only take so many in a class which should relate to some pretty good talent being left behind?? Think about this( it's a stretch but then I didn't see the entire Staff being canned)...what if USF gets some talent that needs to develop for a couple years only to transfer to Clemson for last 2 years..??  I have to beleive there will be some kind of conduit between the 2 schools...the Staff sweep was very surprising and somewhat rare it prompted a lot of thoughts. CJS by reports, is a thinker-planner-organizer this move I doubt was done on a whim. There's something developing in the wings??? 

Yep, my mind is wide open to the world of wonder right now...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

1 minute ago, BulledOver said:

it's a stretch but then I didn't see the entire Staff being canned)

I thought there was tweet by JK saying that no one was being retained.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

6 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

You are correct sir

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

14 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

He was saying he didn’t anticipate the entire staff being let go, not questioning they were let go .................... I think

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

The clowns to the east rebuilt in less time and they had a winless season to boot.  **** the total rebuild talk.  With the pedigree and hype CJS has, we should be bowling in 2020, and a conf champ in 2021.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

2 minutes ago, Cornada said:

The clowns to the east rebuilt in less time and they had a winless season to boot.  **** the total rebuild talk.  With the pedigree and hype CJS has, we should be bowling in 2020, and a conf champ in 2021.

ineedthisforreactions GIF

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

31 minutes ago, Cornada said:

We don't have the Orlando school's resources... They have an ocs and an athletics culture + more money. I see a more realistic protection being 2-3 wins next year, 6-7 the year after that and maybe competing for the conference year 3. Next year we will be trotting out a lot of back ups from this year's team. We graduated some key talent and aren't really reloading it seems.