• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Motor City Bowl To Scout USF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,467
  • Days Won:  13

While we are hoping for the BCS slot and expecting one of the other Big East slots ... at least we know that there is an interest from another bowl for an at-large slot:

Motor City Bowl To Scout USF

TAMPA - -- With the University of South Florida halfway to the six wins needed to become bowl eligible, a Motor City Bowl scout will attend next week's home game with West Virginia.

Ironically, the Motor City Bowl, which pits the seventh-selection from the Big Ten against a Mid-American team, is not one of the Big East's four bowl tie-ins, but has an agreement to select a Big East team if the Big Ten does not have seven bowl eligible teams.

The Motor City Bowl, played Dec. 26 at 4 p.m. at Detroit's Ford Field, also had a representative at the Bulls' 2002 win against Bowling Green.

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGBAM19LQEE.html

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

But I don't want to go to Detroit  :'(

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958

But I don't want to go to Detroit  :'(

The Motor City Bowl, is great place in decembrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,  once you get inside ;D284pricelessniceplowjob9en.jpg

how come the win against FAMU counts?

INDIANAPOLIS - The NCAA approved proposals Thursday to allow college football teams to play 12 games per year.

The board of directors approved the addition of a 12th game to Division I-A schedules starting in 2006, decided to allow schools to count one victory over Division I-AA schools each year toward bowl eligibility, and loosened the requirements to qualify for Division I-A status.

"The season will not be elongated; it just means the bye week would be taken out," NCAA president Myles Brand said.

Regarding a postseason playoff format, Brand said, "I seriously suggest you take up the tournament situation with the BCS."

The Bowl Championship Series has tried to pit the two best teams in a national championship game since the system was created in 1998. The NCAA has tried to avoid the playoff debate.

One argument against a football tournament is that lengthening the season could force student-athletes to miss more classes.

Brand has supported academic reform since taking over as president in January 2003 and said Thursday that an additional football game each season will not create a problem.

Board chairman Robert Hemenway, the chancellor at Kansas, said schools could make more money with an extra game, but he insisted that was not the only reason why the proposal passed.

"There was also a feeling that if you had another game, that it does give you some flexibility in your scheduling," he said. "A school like Oklahoma State, for instance, could possibly play a game in Tulsa or Oklahoma City and play to that fan base."

Brand said the extra money could also be used to help fund athletic departments that are losing money.

Besides the 12th game, the NCAA will allow schools to count one victory over a I-AA opponent each year, starting this fall. Previously, schools could count one win every four years.

The board also approved a provision that would give men's basketball coaches more flexible recruiting calendars, and another proposal allowing men's and women's basketball coaches to instruct players for up to two hours per week during the off-season.

Freshmen also will be permitted to play in preseason exhibition games and keep their four additional years of eligibility as long as they do not play the rest of that season.

Also approved was an increase in the number of scholarships for women in gymnastics, soccer, volleyball and track and field. The board agreed to grant another year of eligibility to players who were academically ineligible as freshmen but completed 80 percent of their degree requirements after four years.

The committee defeated a measure that would have allowed coaches to watch voluntary workouts.

http://www.azstarnet.com/dailystar/printSN/72760.php

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

They are allowed one aa win every two years if I remember correctly...

right, and we certainly didn't use that 1 allowable win last year ;)

right, and we certainly didn't use that 1 allowable win last year ;)

I edited my thread abovewhen I found the New rules,. Beginning this fall teams are allowed to have one aa win per season so as to help scheduling when they go to 12 games in 06.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

Detroit is probably the LAST place I'd want to go to see a Bowl game, but you better BULLieve I'd be there!

Detroit is probably the LAST place I'd want to go to see a Bowl game, but you better BULLieve I'd be there!

Oh, and Boise, Idaho would be Oh So Much Fun...

04_boise1.jpg

This is the LAST place I would want to go... but if this is where the Bulls end up (highly unlikely right now because of 12 ACC teams), then I would be there.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

As long we keep winning, we won't have to go the D.

If we do go, I would recommend staying out in Novi or Livonia.