• Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
DJBulls

Food for thought

6 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

One of the guys on the bullseye podcast made an interesting point...when Strong was hired Texas fans came out of the woodwork saying look out, terrible hire...when Scott was hired it was the exact opposite from the Clemson fan base...nothing but glowing reviews for this guy...

I agree.  However, people just thought that it was simply Texas fans that had sour grapes. 

• Upvote 1

Hindsight being 20/20, I had reservations when I saw socks with sandals at the airport.  I think a lot of us brushed Texas off due to the rumored donor situation.

Everything seems to be the exact opposite with CJS, which is great.

There was another great point Brooks made...when Strong came in he and the staff eroded the fun family atmosphere Taggart created...what was Scott's four pillars?  Two of them were family and fun..and he emphasized this at the end of his speech was that they were going to have FUN 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

One of the guys on the bullseye podcast made an interesting point...when Strong was hired Texas fans came out of the woodwork saying look out, terrible hire...when Scott was hired it was the exact opposite from the Clemson fan base...nothing but glowing reviews for this guy...

That's the thing I've noticed the most. Even showing up for his introduction events.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gibbsak said:

I had reservations when I saw socks with sandals at the airport.  

Never trust anyone who wears socks and sandals ever. They obviously have questionable judgment 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

Never trust anyone who wears socks and sandals ever. They obviously have questionable judgment 

This is true.

8 hours ago, DJBulls said:

Texas had just struggled through three years and Strong was fired.

Clemson is on a great run possibly repeating a national championship.

There is a difference.

Edited by Jim Johnson
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

Texas had just struggled through three years and Strong was fired.

Clemson is on a great run possibly repeating a national championship.

There is a difference.

There are many differences.. that support alone is very telling in my opinion...

18 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

OR a  BELT and suspenders