• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good read on Dabo’s coaching tree...err twig

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

14 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Wow, we are really drinking the kool aid.  I hope he is the guy but pump the ******* brakes, he has a nice line of **** and I am optimistic but not sold yet, after what CCS put us through you guys will jump on any train no matter where the destination.

Yup!! No matter what happens, it is still a better feeling right now than the status quo. I was thinking that I would be getting drunk in Austin worrying about another CCS season while we are getting killed by Texas. Now I feel better knowing I will be getting drunk in Austin watching USF lose to Texas but knowing that we can only get better with the new coaching staff. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

8 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Yup!! No matter what happens, it is still a better feeling right now than the status quo. I was thinking that I would be getting drunk in Austin worrying about another CCS season while we are getting killed by Texas. Now I feel better knowing I will be getting drunk in Austin watching USF lose to Texas but knowing that we can only get better with the new coaching staff. 

You know it's also possible we beat Texas. They weren't exactly lighting it up either last year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

2 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

You know it's also possible we beat Texas. They weren't exactly lighting it up either last year.

You said that with a straight face.  

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

7 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

You said that with a straight face.  

I think they are definitely beatable by a good USF team, but I am not sure something like the O line could be turned around that instantly.  And magically have a QB that is ready.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,388
  • Days Won:  3

34 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

I like the optimism but we will get destroyed.  Maybe if we get a QB in we will have a chance but not with our current roster. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, smazza said:

leavitt was on his way to building something special until he hit a kid

I know I'm old and senile but I sure don't remember this as a stance taken back then ....... back to believing someone's hijacked the account.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

We get an ass spank by Texas for sure. But after that we can settle down and get better against equal or lower level competition in at least five games. I am still hoping for 6 wins. 

20 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

I was thinking the same. We haven't played a game yet with CJS, and some seem convinced we are headed to greatness with him. It's like this with new hires usually, but at least wait to see what it looks like on the field... 

I think because of the irrational Chicken Little imitations by some in here when MK did his due diligence in allowing CCS to try and right the ship, thoughts were we'd be having to settle with this hire but, on paper, it's a freaking home run. I can't imagine a better choice with the youth and pedigree (both personally and professionally) of CJS. The intro presser with both Scott and Currall, while with the usual rah rah stuff, came out and addressed things that needed addressing to get this program where it needs to, and should, be. Refreshing.

Plus you know how this board rolls at times ...... it's pockets of unbridled optimism or pockets of unbridled pessimism. It's how we roll.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think because of the irrational Chicken Little imitations by some in here when MK did his due diligence in allowing CCS to right the ship, thoughts were we'd be having to settle with this hire but, on paper, it's a freaking home run. I can't imagine a better choice with the youth and pedigree (both personally and professionally) of CJS. The intro presser with both Scott and Currall, while with the usual rah rah stuff, came out and addressed things that needed addressing to get this program where it needs to, and should, be. Refreshing.

Plus you know how this board rolls at times ...... it's pockets of unbridled optimism or pockets of unbridled pessimism. It's how we roll.

I’m usually of the unbridled pessimism ilk.  This unbridled optimism kind of feels like an out of body experience.

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I’m usually of the unbridled pessimism ilk.  This unbridled optimism kind of feels like an out of body experience.

This is good for your Zen .....

image.png.59c45065b7c4d5cde2fdc20a91ffcd53.png

• Upvote 1