• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Good read on Dabo’s coaching tree...err twig

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

15 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Nice article. Those Clemson Folks are very proud of CJS. I think Coach Swinney especially. CJS going back to see the Team through the playoffs is a very honorable thing to do. Maybe USF will build upon what there is to something like what the Clemson Family has...You can only Hope. Thx for posting this read your so right...Wouldn't it (pipe dream) be nice to think... USF could have a perpetual winning Team and a coach who wanted to stay for the long haul..?? 

leavitt was on his way to building something special until he hit a kid

• Upvote 1
  • Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

6 hours ago, Sk00b said:

Yep... I am numb at this point.  When he wins more than 4 games, maybe I'll get excited.

when he is here the same amount of time as stronghe will definitely win more than 4 games in his 3rd year

this guy drips of success

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Days Won:  10

56 minutes ago, smazza said:

leavitt was on his way to building something special until he hit a kid

😂 Steve, you have been gone a while...You just riled us Leavites and started seven new threads!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 hour ago, smazza said:

when he is here the same amount of time as stronghe will definitely win more than 4 games in his 3rd year

this guy drips of success

agreed.

it's quite obvious the difference between this guy and strong

• Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,561
  • Days Won:  29

FAITH

complete trust or confidence in someone or something.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

11 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Wow, we are really drinking the kool aid.  I hope he is the guy but pump the ******* brakes, he has a nice line of **** and I am optimistic but not sold yet, after what CCS put us through you guys will jump on any train no matter where the destination.

I hear ya man.  I’m normally not the wildly optimistic type but something feels different this time.  After 3 years of Chuckles this optimism thing does feel a little strange.  If he flames out in 3 years I’ll be the first to admit I was wrong.  

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Grateful Dad said:

😂 Steve, you have been gone a while...You just riled us Leavites and started seven new threads!

Maybe Brad shouldn't have helped him with this password.  The monster has been unleashed.  😁

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I went back to watch Strongs opening presser...what a difference.  You can really tell Strong felt uncomfortable and didnt want to really be here.

Time will tell but I think we got the hire we need.  The fact he took a first year hs team at just age mid 20s and took to state playoffs first year is very impressive.  They haven't been back since he left.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

I was thinking the same. We haven't played a game yet with CJS, and some seem convinced we are headed to greatness with him. It's like this with new hires usually, but at least wait to see what it looks like on the field... 

Well it does beat the hell out of thinking the alternative will happen...🤷‍♂️

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

Totally agree, the euphoria here is a bit much, but you hit the nail on the head this is about the difference between the type of coach we now have versus the one we had.

2020 is going to look alot like 2013, so people just need to brace themselves and not sour on the new coach when the inevitable losses come. McCloud is still our QB until he isn't and the offensive line still sucks and the receivers have hands of stone. I'm not sure Scott can move the needle a ton until he gets a full recruiting cycle under his belt.

This is mostly coaching. We should have 6-8 wins with proper coaching. Our talent is probably average for the conference, coaching lowers and elevates.