• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Marketing USF Football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

If you're serious with this, thinking things couldn't be any worse than they are now by going Independent, you are more delusional than I've given you credit for.

I am medium serious. I just think it’s odd that people say we can’t be independent because of money and fan support and yet in the same breath say we have no money and no fan support. The AAC has proven itself to be a recipe for failure for us and while independent probably is too I don’t really understand what we have to lose, what’s the difference between losing $5 million a season and losing $8 million a season and what’s the difference between having 10k people in the stands and having 8k people in the stands? Why not roll the dice? 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I am medium serious. I just think it’s odd that people say we can’t be independent because of money and fan support and yet in the same breath say we have no money and no fan support. The AAC has proven itself to be a recipe for failure for us and while independent probably is too I don’t really understand what we have to lose, what’s the difference between losing $5 million a season and losing $8 million a season and what’s the difference between having 10k people in the stands and having 8k people in the stands? Why not roll the dice? 

Tell you what, do some legitimate number crunching on the two directions and I'll definitely listen .....

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

25 minutes ago, puc86 said:

BYU manages to get 12 games filled every season and with quite a bit of teams people care about more than the land of misfit toys we have had the misfortune of recently associating with. Every singe week for the entirety of the season there are teams playing out of conference games as evidenced by the fact we are unfortunately in a “conference” and BYU is not and somehow we ended up being able to play them later in the year after conference games had already started.

Our home games are not valuable in and of themselves and most are losing money. Sacrifice some of the waste of space games for 2-1’s with relevant programs that people will actually attend and watch on TV and having less of something makes it more valuable and more likely to be attended than something people think there is too much of cluttering their weekends. If we have to play FAU and FIU every year to have a couple of extra home games I think you are being horribly disingenuous if you think the average fan sees a difference between them and Tulsa, Tulane or whoever else is in this conference that all of Tampa has already made perfectly clear that they don’t give an f about.

People will not want to play us like BYU. They are a national brand. We will become Umass. Unlikely a P5 conference member will change their conference lineup for us...wishful thinking. I suspect that those who do go to home games hate your idea of playing scrubs at home...you bring up Tulsa and Tulane but what about Navy, Memphis, Houston, Cincy, etc. who are always ranked. You want to play Liberty and Arkansas State instead...give me a break. Further, with your strategy, you have just decapitated men’s and women’s basketball. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

$3 mil...and for a program that can’t afford an IPF still I would say it’s pretty important. 

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

$3 mil...and for a program that can’t afford an IPF still I would say it’s pretty important. 

Losing money is losing money and it’s not like you can bank $3 million less losses and pretend it’s profit, in order to be profitable drastic changes are required.

Just now, puc86 said:

Losing money is losing money and it’s not like you can bank $3 million less losses and pretend it’s profit, in order to be profitable drastic changes are required.

Please tell me you are not an accountant in the work world 😂

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Please tell me you are not an accountant in the work world 😂

It doesn’t take an account to recognize multi million dollar losses for eternity is untenable, if you have no plans on how to become profitable you deserve to be out of business.

16 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

People will not want to play us like BYU. They are a national brand. We will become Umass. Unlikely a P5 conference member will change their conference lineup for us...wishful thinking. I suspect that those who do go to home games hate your idea of playing scrubs at home...you bring up Tulsa and Tulane but what about Navy, Memphis, Houston, Cincy, etc. who are always ranked. You want to play Liberty and Arkansas State instead...give me a break. Further, with your strategy, you have just decapitated men’s and women’s basketball. 

They can stay in the AAC, they would be lucky to have us or better yet follow Uconn to the BEAST.

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

They can stay in the AAC, they would be lucky to have us or better yet follow Uconn to the BEAST.

Dreaming...AAC would drop us like a bad habit. BE? 😂. Why not just go ahead and call the SEC and ask to be added for all sports 😂😂

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Dreaming...AAC would drop us like a bad habit. BE? 😂. Why not just go ahead and call the SEC and ask to be added for all sports 😂😂

The AAC brought in Wichita (whatever that is) to be a non football member that we would even consider the league is only a good will gesture for having left them. Kind of like letting someone still be your friend or f buddy after breaking up.